What are you on for PMDD?

Options
MrsYoungIII
MrsYoungIII Posts: 41 Member
I was diagnosed with PMDD over a year ago. All my CNP has done is put me on the pill. I got a tubal to go right back to what I was doing. Are there other option then the birth control pill? My body has been completely messed up since I had my youngest but that was over 3 yrs ago. Since diagnosed with PMDD I've been on 4 different birth controls & never get my period the week I am suppose to & due to the changes in the pill I get to deal with BV. Oh yeah I'm on the "period week" sorry if I sound crabby though I really am.

Replies

• stitchinhippie
    Options
    If birth control pills aren't helping with your pmdd, I would suggest trying an antidepressent. I am on Zoloft currently for post partum depression, but I started taking it before I was pregnant to control my pmdd. I would take a low dose for 2 weeks and then double the dose the week prior and the week during my period. There are different kinds of antidepressents, so you have to find the one that works for you. My psychiatrist put me on Zoloft, because I wanted to get pregnant and it is the safest antidepressent to use during pregnancy (although I stopped taking it while I was pregnant and fortunately I didn't have any pmdd symptoms the first 6 months of my pregnancy). I would also recommend trying supplements...Omega 3/6/9, 1200mg of calcium, and a good multivitamin...taken each day. All of these do help.