August Roll Call - Learning Month

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
Ok - so maybe it's Children's Learning Month (thank you wiki), but we can all be kids at heart.

Name or Username:
What do you want to gain from MFP?
Favorite class (can be from any age):
What's something you want to learn?

Replies

• 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Name or Username:

Ann - 13Strong
    A healthier life and body
    Science in 3rd grade when we learned more about animals
    Dances with a partner; ie slow, sasla, ballroom, country, etc
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Name or Username: Easto_79
    What do you want to gain from MFP? I want to gain self confience back in know I can be fit again,
    Favorite class (can be from any age): My favoriate class was a dream analysis class in uni.
    What's something you want to learn? Learn how to fly a plane :) Learn how to surf
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options
    Name or Username: Rachel
    What do you want to gain from MFP? A better grasp on what I'm eating!
    Favorite class (can be from any age): AutoCAD and graphics.
    What's something you want to learn? I should probably learn to swim soon...
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Username: Jiagetsfit
    What do you want to gain from MFP? Lean, toned, strong and healthy body.
    Favorite class (can be from any age): History
    What's something you want to learn? Zumba (right now)
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim... and I have a problem with food!

I am using MFP to control how much I eat and to connect with people who have weight problems. I used to be so thin when I was young but I used to starve myself and then binge. I no longer binge but I still have a problem with eating healthy and making healthy choices. I can no longer lose weight from starving myself. I have realized that it is not good for me and it just makes me fatter!!!

My favorite class was an Anthropology class I took at IU, I think it was called Genetics and Man. We learned about evolution and even got to go to the zoo and observe the apes and monkeys, it was like a field study and we had to write a paper. I just loved that class and almost thought of changing my major because of it!

I would love to learn french, I always thought it was such a cool language.
  • kimmy1020
    kimmy1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is kim
    From my fitnes pal, I hope to gain better knowledge of what I'm actually eating.
    My favorite class is psychology. It's amazing the way the mind works!
    I would really like to learn meditation
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Username: texasbeu2y but it's ok to just call me Texas
    MFP: learn to control my portions
    Favorite class: Choir ...haha if u consider that a class
    Want to learn: Spanish
  • kms2072
    kms2072 Posts: 55
    Options

Name or Username:

My name is Kelli
    I want to gain knowledge about what I'm eating and connect with others in the hope to support and motivate each other
    So far it's been Intro to Social Work. Many more classes to go. :)
    I would like to learn another language. Probably German
  • Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Name or Username: Meredith or Mere144
    What do you want to gain from MFP? data to understand how to feed my body for health, optimal weight and satisfaction
    Favorite class (can be from any age): painting class
    What's something you want to learn? how to create with professional grade markers and colored pencils
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ok - so maybe it's Children's Learning Month (thank you wiki), but we can all be kids at heart.

Name or Username:

Lisa
    I want to gain friends/support, become healthy, be a role model
    My favorite class: orchestra in middle school..prob 8th grade :)
    Something I would like to learn is to speak Spanish fluently...I bought Rosetta, I just need to put it to use.
  • liferunner259
    Options
    Laurie - Liferunner259
    Weight Loss
    Fav. Class - 3rd yr French (Cool Teacher)
    Something I want to learn - Currently learning Spanish. Would like the learning process to go a little easier.:happy:
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Name or Username:

Deb / Queendebor

I want to become aware of what I eat and how it effects my health. I also need the accountability of checking in with others and knowing I'm not alone! This group is wonderful.

My favorite class was always band and lessons. I'm thinking of guitar lessons in my near future.

I want to learn what the various nutrients we get from our food do to make our body healthy, build muscles, and keep our heart healthy. I am trying to help my 84 year old dad eat healthy, and I'm learning a lot from his kidney doctor. Dad has, among other things, stage 4 kidney disease. He's been eating the wrong things that seem healthy - peanut butter, cheese, etc. which are making him weak and keeping him from building muscle mass. I never knew how complex it all is! What's good for one thing is bad for another.
  • mamamageno
    Options
    Hello(: My name is Chrissy and I'm new to the group. I was hoping to find some new friends for support and inspiration. This looks like a good, friendly place to help keep me accountable which is exactly what I need.

Name or Username: Chrissy or mamamageno
    What do you want to gain from MFP? I hope to establish good eating habits and commit to exercising regularly
    Favorite class (can be from any age): My favorite class is photography. I took it in college and likd it so much that I'm taking an online class just for fun.
    What's something you want to learn? I just enrolled in a vocational school for medical assisting/x-ray technician, I hope to learn a lot in the next year and I'm excited to be going back to school!
  • Daydreamangel
    Daydreamangel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Name or Username: Cat
    What do you want to gain from MFP? A social fitness support system, accountability checker
    Favorite class (can be from any age): Philosophy, biology, psychology
    What's something you want to learn? Computer programming, guitar/piano, making clothes/jewlery
  • mari_rey
    mari_rey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Name: Maritza
    I hope to gain a support and accountability system.
    My favorite class (at any age) has always been History
    I want to learn how to lead a healthy life, exercise regularly, and French
  • journey_4_ashley
    journey_4_ashley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Name or Username: I'm Ashley...this is my first roll call. I'm excited to have people to hold me accountable...I have too many enablers around me :noway:

What do you want to gain from MFP? I want to gain better control of my eating and a better perspective on serving sizes :laugh:

Favorite class (can be from any age): I really liked statistics in college...weird

What's something you want to learn? I want to learn about photography

Look forward to getting to know all of you!
  • hArL3yxQu1nN
    Options
    Name or Username: hArL3yxQu1nN (Hillary) THIS IS MY FIRST ROLL CALL!
    What do you want to gain from MFP? Support from others, learning what to put in my body for fuel leading to a lean, toned body
    Favorite class (can be from any age): chemistry! (proud nerd over here)
    What's something you want to learn? I would love to learn how to run.. far or for a long time.
  • marymom
    marymom Posts: 26
    Options
    Im not sure what to do here. How do i use this?
  • mamamageno
    Options
    Name or Username: hArL3yxQu1nN (Hillary) THIS IS MY FIRST ROLL CALL!
    What do you want to gain from MFP? Support from others, learning what to put in my body for fuel leading to a lean, toned body
    Favorite class (can be from any age): chemistry! (proud nerd over here)
    What's something you want to learn? I would love to learn how to run.. far or for a long time.

Have you tried couch to 5k? That program really helped me with my running. I used to hate running and now I actually look forward to it. I got my husband using the c25k app too and he agrees that its a good program for people who aren't used to running but want to build their endurance. :)
  • hArL3yxQu1nN
    Options
    Thank you so much! Im going to look into that right now!