New here

Options
Hello all. New to the group, so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 30, a nightwalker and have 29lbs to go. Recently started using weights, but still looking for a cardio routine I can stick with. Although I have a goal weight in mind, I've shifted my focus from getting "skinny" to being strong and that has helped keep me motivated.

Replies

• my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome even though its been over a month since this was posted. I've still got 46.6 lbs to go, but my routine is that I try to run 5km every second day for cardio. I prefer nights, but we do 12 hour rotation, 2 days, 2 nights and 4 off. I usually work two of my days off on overtime as well, so basically I work 2 days, 4 nights and 2 off most weeks. Its a struggle to get up and do a run between 12 hour nights.
  • williammain56
    williammain56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Newbie to MFP, not to trying to better my physical self. Work dispatch in Western Washington. Hope everyone is doing well. Just checking to see if this group has any life left in it.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Newbie to MFP, not to trying to better my physical self. Work dispatch in Western Washington. Hope everyone is doing well. Just checking to see if this group has any life left in it.

Welcome to MFP! :) I'm a midnight shift girl dispatching in NC the last 9 years. Would love to see this group more active!
  • williammain56
    williammain56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good to see another dispatcher here Starry. Friend me if you'd like. I'm on 3 - 12 hour shifts then a 10 after that. Kinda busy's why I haven't been posting much.
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good to see another dispatcher here Starry. Friend me if you'd like. I'm on 3 - 12 hour shifts then a 10 after that. Kinda busy's why I haven't been posting much.

That's not a bad schedule...Our office is short staffed, we work two days, two nights and four off, all 12s, but because of short staffing, I've been working two extra 8 hour nightshifts every set of days off for months, so its really 2 days, 4 nights 2 off.