Weekend Wars! 8/2 - 8/3

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
What are you fighting this weekend? Any plans???
Check in Food, Exercise, Water, and Victories!

4_zpsae2fcdfe.jpg

Replies

• H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This week has been really busy work-wise. I've put in 55 hours since Monday, and will probably do another 15 this weekend. :( Trying not to feel bitter, and still staying on track - the scale is moving. I'm going to a friend's house and will probably have dinner there. Not too worried, though. It's okay if I over-indulge a little today. Just need to not eat mindlessly while sitting on my butt in front of a laptop because I want a break/need a distraction, or because I'm feeling a little hungry and telling myself I can't think when my stomach is on empty or that I deserve a snack.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This weekend and every weekend I will fight the urge to eat like my hubby. Love when we are able to spend weekends together but he is naturally lean and likes to eat not so healthy things. We are continuing to grill in the backyard, so I have him grilling some chicken breast so that I can continue to make good choices.

Exercise: I will be going to the gym both days this weekend and continuing my new cardio workout and doing a total body lifting session with free weights and machines.

Water: because I will be in the gym for prolonged periods I will drink about 1 1/2 gallons each day.

Food: Food prepping both days this weekend, salmon, hubby's grilling a few chicken breast, and I have some pork loins also going on the grill.
    I have been sick of eating chicken but if it's grilled then I don't mind eating it frequently.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am dying here... I haven't run since Monday and I've been struggling with my knee all week. Yesterday my ankle swelled up and I was pretty much off my feet all day trying get better. Today it is much better but not 100%. I am pretty bored since I don't particularly like sitting around. I have to work tonight so we'll see how that goes.

For breakfast I made two eggs with peppers & onions with feta cheese and sandwich thin bread. I will probably have a veggie burger for lunch and a frozen meal for work. I will definitely pack some fruits & veggies to snack on.

Hopefully next week I can get back to normal!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Holly - I fully understand what you are going through on the hours part of thing. I don't have a full 'office' job so I can call some of my work "exercise" given the physical portion of it but still, health takes time and energy. I hope next week you get a bit more of a break from work!

Texas - I love grilled chicken and salmon cooked on the grill too. Have you tried grilled pineapple?

Kashaas - I'm going to keep hoping your knee heals up for you quickly and without any more issues. Sorry you can't run, but I'm more looking forward to you saying your knee and ankle is better.

I am doing much better today. Shoveling at work (it's Saturday right??). However, my wrist is starting to hurt and I woke up with a charley horse on my left calf. It killed this morning! I hate those things!

I really don't want to work 14 hours today and tomorrow so I am being selfish and keeping my fingers crossed they don't actually need me - however I do much better eating wise at work than home - unless I'm sitting in the office. (Why do all offices stock candy?)
  • rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gosh this day has been bad food wise and its not even halfway over. Missed the gym yesterday but I'm aiming to go for a walk later regardless of the rain plus I will try to get some strength training in. Picked up a couple kettle bells in different weights for some at home workouts.

Aw well tomorrow is another day, Hope everyone else does better and meets there goals.
  • Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and get back on track as soon as you can. Don't wait until tomorrow.
  • kashaas
    Options
    At work today I had a coworker comment to me that I look like I've lost some weight! It feels good to know that people are noticing! I wore my knee brace tonight and I'm not having any pain. We'll see how tonight goes when I try to get some sleep. It's been busy up till now, so the night was flying by. I just ate my dinner and now it seems like nothing is going on.

Lunch for ended up being chips and queso. My daughter went to Qdoba (her bf works there) and came home with queso. After tracking it I made it my lunch. I added a green fusion from jamba juice to get me some fruits & veggies. Dinner was Amy's light n lean spaghetti, canteloupe and cherries. My snack tonight was trail mix and dark chocolate pomegranate. Hopefully this all holds me through the night. I tracked everything so I'm meeting my tracking goal.

I'm at 36 oz of water and just started on a 32 oz cup. Should meet my water goal.
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am fighting the determination to exercise. As in, I'm determined to find an excuse not to! I'm also looking ahead a couple weeks when school starts and I go back to work. My work day will run from 7 am to at least 4:30. I'm going to need somebody in my back seat on the way home with a cattle prod, poking me until I stop at the gym on the way home. Ugh!

I did very well with my calories today - staying under despite breakfast at a restaurant.

Water - I'm slipping again and trying to catch up in the evening. Which results in getting up during the night. Karma...

Exercise - See above.
  • Mazel78
    Mazel78 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I joined this group a couple of weeks ago and have not been good about posting yet. Working on getting better, I need the accountability.

This weekend I am fighting the desire to sit back and relax. I just began a new job this week after working only part time the past four years and have actually been off work since the end of May. I really need to push myself to get some activity in :)

Food has been great so far this weekend, even with a shopping trip. But I definitely need to work on water intake.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Mazel - welcome back!

Today I'm fighting exhaustion. Work has not had much go right lately and I'm seriously tired. I want to throw my flag in at work and am doing that with my health too right now. I know I shouldn't give in, but I want to.
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What I tend to struggle with during the weekends is my water intake! Ugh! It's sooooo bad...little to none actually. Oh gosh. And then by Monday my kidneys are so mad at me. This is definitely something I need to work on.

My weekend has been uneventful, and that's the way I would like to keep it.
    Just started a squat challenge that the store on my computer has, so I just finished that. I'm going to do the ab carver here in a bit, too. I've mapped out my month for these exercises. I just need to map out my gym time.

Happy Sunday y'all.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thank god the weekend is over. Got in all my workouts and even did some chores, but nutrition wise, it blew. The entire week, i'm conscious of what i eat and how much i eat. But come weekend, it all goes out of the window. I gotta stay strong and plan my meals well during the weekend.
  • kashaas
    Options
    Well, today is not my best day for eating. I had a california veggie burger for breakfast, skinny pop popcorn for snack, and qdoba for lunch. I brought a frozen meal to eat at work but I stopped at starbucks and got a nonfat iced mocha latte to help with my sleepiness.

Work has been busy since I got here, lots of stress. My knee is feeling better and my ankle looks normal. I will probably be getting back to running this week.

Last night I had two cookies that a coworker brought and a bag of wheat thin crackers that I didn't track. I also had two bloody mary's when I got home, so I'm sure I went way over my calories. It's mostly because I'm not exercising/getting in my steps and earning back calories. I have a hard time staying under 1400 calories for some reason.

I need to come up with a plan for next week. I'm off tomorrow so I'll have time to think about what I want to do. I do not want to re-injure my knee.
  • kms2072
    kms2072 Posts: 55
    Options
    Yesterday I completed a 30 mile charity bike ride that included what I refer to as the horrid hill! After riding 12 miles we had to climb this half mile s**t hill! that I have rode up many times now (never gets easier) but it was the first time I've ever done it after riding that many miles prior! So that added to the greatness of the day of riding to support our wounded vets, some of which were riding with us!

So I'm a bit sore today and didn't make the best food choices last night (Haagen-Daaz was well deserved, I thought) or tonight, but I'm giving myself a brake this weekend! Haha.

Feeling good and really wanting to meet my goals this week! Really love reading everyone's posts! So inspiring!
  • kimmy1020
    kimmy1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been running around so much that I nearly forgot to post this weekend. I've been doing great in all areas. I bought a new water bottle with a straw and I'm in love! I drink so much more now! I've been eating some bad things here and there, but I always make sure to burn enough calories to balance it out and stay on the positive side. I've been walking a lot, about 4-5 miles a day, and sometimes I even slip in a run. I'm feeling great and the scale is moving too! Overall I'm having a great weekend, although it is nearing the end
  • 13Strong
    Options
    I've survived. .. Food won but I didn't binge so that's awesome.
  • Daydreamangel
    Daydreamangel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lost my battle with ice cream this weekend - I ended up eating a whole tub and felt terrible afterwards. I did gain 0.6 pounds yesterday morning but it came down today. I should have realize that there is no moderation for me when it comes to the sweet stuff so I should just avoid buying it altogether. I am not going to eat any sugary goodness till I get to my second minigoal and even then I will savor it at a restaurant, so I can indulge in a small slice/scoop instead of being tempted by the whole cake/tub.

On the exercise front, I got in a solid hour over the past 2 days. Again, below my goal but I blame the scorching weather, even though there really shouldn't be any excuses when it comes to exercising for health.

This weekend was overall a bit of a bust but today is a new day and I will start anew with a fresh coat of motivation and determination. I am sure I will do better this week and hope what I achieve in the next few days will wash away recent missteps.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    This weekend was overall a bit of a bust but today is a new day and I will start anew with a fresh coat of motivation and determination. I am sure I will do better this week and hope what I achieve in the next few days will wash away recent missteps.

That's a great mindset Cat.