August challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Angela Neale!!! Are you having a piece of cake?? Hope so! :)
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Day for a much needed massage for me. IT bands need some work. (Which hurts so good). Stree management through meditation and semi-regular massage are keys to my wellness.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Carol we have 15 post from yesterday. I had weasellady contact me though a private message. For some reason she could not post to the thread so hopefully she will be able to today. Jack also posted on my home page instead of here but I think he knows to come here now.

I did absolutely awful with treat night yesterday. I will be cutting a few calories this week to do damage control. I really have to work on my treats they just seem to get out of control.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    No weight loss this week. It's the 3rd week that the scale has not moved. Sigh...
    Oh well let's hope next week is better :)
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well.... I was up late last night fishing with my wife, and trying to eat all the chicken wings in the state. So, today it's back to good food.

Discovered a new way to eat a favorite food by the way... I love tuna salad dipped from a bowl with crackers. Pork rinds are just as good, and celery ain't bad to dip with either!
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Off to the fair later today. I already did 2 miles this morning with the dogs, so all that extra walking is sure to help.
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Finished a push workout earlier today. Strength has really increased since starting the new split.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This morning I joined a gym for the first time guys! My husband and best girlfriend who wants to lose 200 lbs joined too. I'm so excited!
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Went and spent 5 hour at the range today. was great fun with my son and friends. Walked over 5000 steps, great day.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Aug 2 check-in:

I went to a Chinese buffet for lunch, but only because my wife's grandmother wanted to go.

I SWEAR, I'll get back on track, one of these days!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Husband and I completed the 23K Elkhorn Endurance Run today. My friend and I set a goal to finish in 4 hours and 45 minutes and we finished in 4:44:59! And my husband, he finished in 3 hour snd 48 minutes... and he's thinking he wants to try the 50K next year! Me? I am happy with 23K (14.3 miles with an elevation climb totaling over 3000+ feet) is more than enough for me!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Folks. Today is Dead lift day. Hope all is well with all of you. This months N=1 experiment is with blood glucose. using this weekend to set baselines, will be rolling into it Monday, and resume food logging so I can compare effects of different foods.and activity levels. Should be an interesting month. What will you be doing for your n=1 this month?
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Husband and I completed the 23K Elkhorn Endurance Run today. My friend and I set a goal to finish in 4 hours and 45 minutes and we finished in 4:44:59! And my husband, he finished in 3 hour snd 48 minutes... and he's thinking he wants to try the 50K next year! Me? I am happy with 23K (14.3 miles with an elevation climb totaling over 3000+ feet) is more than enough for me!

Hoooah!
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sunday.. Getting ready for church and can't decide what to eat. Getting kinda tired of eggs:ohwell:
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Mmmmm... Coffee.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yay Montana Girl!! You guys have to be on cloud 9!
    Mark - I am doing heavy cream and coconut oil in my coffee and skipping the eggs/solid food on many days. It's plenty of fat so I stay in a fasted state (like when you wake up) which is supposed to be helpful for fat loss.
    I'm reading Jimmy Moore's Keto Clarity right now. It is interesting that the whole book tells you how to get into Ketosis. But he admits that it is really about controlling blood sugar if you're trying to mobilize fat. Ketosis is great for many things but limiting the glucose in your blood is the bottom line for fat loss. So eggs might be great but protein, after a certain amount at each meal, also turns to glucose. All fascinating stuff!!
    Anyway, my point is just to consider keep an eye on grams of protein when choosing other options.
    Disclaimer: I rarely know what I'm talking about so please go listen to Kiefer's show or Caveman Doctor or someone who isn't just trying stuff. LOL

Have a great Sunday Everyone!!!
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    MG, way to go!! Seems that I need to be looking more for stuff like that around here. I need to get ready for hunting season, the awesome calorie burner! :D

Mark, you need to add bacon! LOL I eat eggs almost every day in some form or another for breakfast. We have our own chickens so somebody has to eat all those eggs. My wife makes a cereal with nuts and a smidge of honey that is really good.

I survived the MT State Fair last night, eating a meat stick. I did get one big cup (mostly ice) of the fresh Lemonade, which turned into my years supply of sugar intake.. threw me for a loop, but it tasted REALLY good. The fair is over, so my 14yo and wife will be back to a normal schedule. My son survived his first real paying job working 10+ hour days for 10 days in concessions!! Mumbled something about not wanting to smell fried food again.. They both did so good they want them to go work the fair in Billings for another 9 day stint... they declined.. :D
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest/cardio day. 45 minutes of stationary bike since its a little rainy here.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I work outdoors, man its hard to keep from eating to much and working out to little when it's hot. Back to the weights tomorrow.

McDonald's for breakfast today... was in a hurry. ...
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Mark- I'm another one who has been working on lowering blood glucose , getting into a naturally fat adapted state for the last few months. Like Carol most days I "eat" about 400 calories of heavy cream and coconut oil in my coffee as breakfast. I just feel better this way. And I can easily go out and walk 5-6 miles or bike 20-30 miles without any other fuel.

Today tho I made the PaleOMG Savory Breakfast casserole for the family Subday brunch. 1lb chirizo, one dozen eggs, one large sweet potato. So yummy. Easily located by searching paleomg chirizo breakfast casserole.