Meet and Greet

Options

Replies

• z_misetich
    z_misetich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am 25 yrs old and with my fiance we have a beautiful blended family consisting of 5 children ages 1,3,5,6 and 7... (boy,girl,boy,boy,girl). I work full time and overtime and I am going to school. I have a very busy life and I keep telling myself that when things slow down a bit, then I will focus on myself, but I have realized that I don't need to wait, I can do it now!... I just need to focus and be strong...

i cant even imagine this! pretty amazing! congratulations on the weight loss so far!

It can get pretty overwhelming and stressful at times, but, I'm doing my best to keep my sanity... ;-p
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Laura. Im married and have 2 children a 7 year old and a newborn. I lost almost 30 lbs before finding out I was having my daughter, gained 23 lbs, and lost all of it in 3-4 weeks. I lose milk quickly and I work in a sedentary job so my weight loss now has been slow. Dr gave me the ok to get back to exercising so here I am. I think this is the perfect way to keep me motivated and I already have my size 6 bathing suit hanging on my wall for inspiration :)
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda I am 37 and a mother of 4. The oldest (my stepdaughter is 21) my two daughters are 18 and 14 and I have a 3 year old son (he was a surprise). After a couple of major traumatic injuries I packed on almost 80 pounds and have now been cleared to get back to the active life I once had. I'm more focused on getting back into doing 10K's and hopefully a half marathon next summer than I am a specific weight loss number. I've been doing MFP for the past 3 weeks, in that time I have improved my 4 mile time by 5 minutes, and lost 8 pounds.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Becca. I'm 41 but will be 42 by the time we finish this challenge. I'm a mama to 4 and a part time attorney -- part time - so that I can be home when my kids are home. Their ages range from 6 - 12 and we feel its important that their mama is around. So let's see.... I weighed 147 when I got married, then gained married lady weight and baby weight. After my first baby I took the weight back off and was down to 153 when I got pregnant with #2. I lost some, but not all of the weight I gained with her, and none of the weight from #3 and #4. I weight 207 in 2012 when I first found MFP and lost 17 or so pounds before giving up on myself. I gained back some, but not all of that weight and hung out just under 200. Then in October my dad died -- he was 63 and died resulting from a stroke. He had also had a heart attack at 46. Pretty scary stuff given that I'm 41. So now I'm back at MFP making changes not because I want to look better, but because I want to live longer. This change in motivation is really making all the difference in the world and this time I'm determined because my kids need me. "Be healthy, live longer" that's my new goal. So glad to join this challenge with all of you!

Soooo sorry about your dad! My parents are on at least 20 meds for everything diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroids, blod clots, arthitis, everything. And that is a motivator for me to get my weight back in check and exericse because I do not want to take meds. Welcome to you and good luck on this challenge! :drinker:
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Uggg, got on the scale this morning and knew I should not have, I am up 1.5 pounds. I think it was all the crab we had this weekend, while the calories are not high the sodium is very high. Even my fingers feel swollen. Anyone know how to flush this out, just lots of water?
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Uggg, got on the scale this morning and knew I should not have, I am up 1.5 pounds. I think it was all the crab we had this weekend, while the calories are not high the sodium is very high. Even my fingers feel swollen. Anyone know how to flush this out, just lots of water?

Water pill like Diuerex and lots of water
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I had a great but busy weekend. Saturday went to a family reunion in WI. and Sunday went river tubing for the first time in Indiana. It was so much fun but my eating and drinking was really bad. Today is the first day of the 90 day challenge. So I hope I can stay focused.
  • jallysquared
    jallysquared Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a few days late joining the group - I hope thats ok with everyone!

I'm 28 and from Ireland. I've tried using MFP a few times, but find I am great for a few weeks, and then I fall off the wagon completely. I'm hoping that by being part of the group, I can stick to it this time! :):)
  • whitneyl227
    whitneyl227 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new I think a little late. I am a 20 year old junior in college and I have just kept gaining weight since my high school years. I am now obese but I am over weight for my height. I am 5'1-5'2. I really hope to lose 20 by Christmas.

Please feel free to add me any and all of you. I really need the inspiration.
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 32, no kids. Joined MFP in 2011 and lost a little over 20 pounds over the course of a year. Was about 7 pounds from my goal weight, but still in a place where I looked thin. Over the past year+ i've gained it all back. Ugh! My issue is exercise and maybe wine. I find that I get on these exercise kicks for awhile and then nothing for months. So i'm hoping to lose this weight and keep it off forever by making exercise a permanent part of my life.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 32, no kids. Joined MFP in 2011 and lost a little over 20 pounds over the course of a year. Was about 7 pounds from my goal weight, but still in a place where I looked thin. Over the past year+ i've gained it all back. Ugh! My issue is exercise and maybe wine. I find that I get on these exercise kicks for awhile and then nothing for months. So i'm hoping to lose this weight and keep it off forever by making exercise a permanent part of my life.

Welcome!!! My downfall is WINE WINE WINE. I can eat very healthy but when i drink I have no OFF button. So for me it is all or nothing. So i am abstaining from wine for 90 days. You can do it. I lost 30 lbs on MFP and managed to keep it off for a few years then gained like 20 lbs back. However I LOVE to exercise!

We can do this.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I really need this! I started here in April and lost 16lbs but this last month has been dreadful with travelling, decorating and having visitors. I wish i had stayed on track but I can't moan now and I am back to it tomorrow and really find having a support group spurs me on so I am very pleased to be able to join this group. I am only 5ft1 and so am not sure how long I can lose 1lb a week for but the 16lbs was lost over 11 or 12 weeks so I hope I can do it. If not 20lbs I think to be under 10st (140lbs) by Xmas is a very reasonable goal and I will be so happy to achieve it. Good luck everyone and I look forward to getting to know you :flowerforyou:
  • Guffaw1984
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 30, live in London with my partner, our two kids (boy 11, girl 8) and our three cats. After having my daughter I had postnatal depression for about a year. I also ended up with social anxiety. As a result I rarely left the house and piled on the pounds. I'm not the heaviest I've ever been but I definitely need to lose some more. I've been on MFP for a week now and finding it easier than ever! I'm actually getting excited to weigh myself! Hopefully I'll at least make the 20 pounds by Christmas. Good luck to all of you and we'll get there together :happy:
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 46 and realize its time to get all of this extra weight off. I am aiming for 5 lbs. a month so I thought this would be a great group to join. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • sam1053
    sam1053 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Samantha and I am 19... will be 20 next month. I am a junior at the University of Washington for pre-medicine. I spend most of my time studying, but I also am very involved in my church and I work as a nursing assistant. I am taking advantage of my last month and a half of summer to get the ball rolling toward a healthy lifestyle. I want to establish a routine that I can keep up during the school year.
  • sam1053
    sam1053 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi,I am Mariann,38 years old.... I just became an american citizen today.. Originally from Hungary- still love my little country too :)
    I work full time in the hospitality industry which I lloooovee!!! I have the 2 most beautiful kids in the whole wide world and they are also super smart ;) Have been married for 15 years... Been through alot..
    I have not been under size 16 since I was 25 ,I have not been under size 12 since I was 18 years old.. So my goal is to be size 8-10.. Then I will be super happy .. At least thats what I think... Well ,let's get this party started!!! Oh,Im super shy in real life,no facebook,like to keep my private life private,except sometimes life gets in the way and need to rant ...Here I come.skinnyme :)

Congratulations on your citizenship!
  • ribeenajenkins
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started using app 3 weeks ago at 92.kg (202.8 pounds) I last weighed in at mums about a week and a half ago. and had only lost 1.3 pounds (91.6 kg 201.5 pounds). Need to have a weigh in again as I actually feel like I have lost a little around my belly.

I have a husband and 2 kids and need to get back to being fit and healthy so my goal is 72kg 158pounds I have no real time frame just hoping to have continual loss. This weight took 7 years to come on so if I can do it in a year i'll be happy.

Good luck everyone lets hope for thinner waistlines at xmas!
  • pjradio
    pjradio Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm so happy to be part of this group!

I'm 32 and single, and just relocated across Canada for employment. Weight has ALWAYS been an issue for me, and in 2011-2012 I lost 60 pounds. Shortly afterwards, my dad passed away and, turning to food to help me deal, I gained about half of that back over a year.

However, I've learned new ways to cope with stress (working out is one of them...who knew?! :)) and I'm ready now to turn my life around. I'm an avid traveler and I've found that my weight has prevented me from taking opportunities and has also affected romantic relationships, largely because I'm self-conscious about it. BUT, here I am, and I'm going to turn it all around - starting the New Year 20 pounds lighter is a great and totally do-able goal!

Good luck everyone, and I'm looking to having and giving support over the next few months! :)
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to join this group. I have been stuck for the last few weeks and then gained 2 lbs! That scared me.

I am Quite old :) at 67! But I really don't care so I hope you all don't. I have really enjoyed MFP, this is a great help and I tell everyone about it. So excited about losing the next 20 lbs, that will put me where I should be weight wise.

Feel free to friend me but I want you to know I do not show my food diary. However I like to give and get encouragement.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am really excited to join this group. I seem to do much better when I'm active in a group. My goal is to lose the last 20 pounds by Christmas so when I saw the group I knew it was for me. Feel free to add me.