Crock Pots

Options
hollydohrman
hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
Yesterday I threw some frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot with some onions, jalapenos and salsa. When I got off work I shredded them up and we had tacos for dinner.

Why don't I use my crock pot more? It was super easy and I didn't really have to plan much. Plus it was a much better dinner than the pizza I had the night before.

Anyone have any go to crock pot recipes they'd like to share?

Replies

• BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Crockpot pot roast. Easy-peasy!

Drop roast in with beef broth, carrots, onions, potatoes, some barbecue sauce, seasoning.
    8 hours later... mmm tender meat.

Sometimes I do this with a venison shoulder roast...comes out so tender. For that one I add a slice of bacon.
    Good stuff
  • RamyunChi
    Options
    I have never used a crock pot before. My mom and sister did when I lived with them years ago, but I never thought of it as something I would use on my own. Now-a-days I'm seeing so many good recipes for crock pots and it's really tempting me to try to use one. I thing there's one somewhere in the house. Maybe I can dust it off and make something yummy one day!
  • varula
    varula Posts: 13
    Options

Anyone have any go to crock pot recipes they'd like to share?

I use my crock pot a TON. Sometimes I just put a boneless turkey breast with some Bell's seasoning in it and let it go. Here's a favorite chili recipe of mine - vegetarian, and very different. Hope you like it!

Sweet Potato Chili (crock pot)

1 medium red onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    4 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    kosher salt and black pepper
    1 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
    1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
    1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
    1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
    sour cream, sliced scallions, sliced radishes, and tortilla chips

Directions
    In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the tomatoes (and their liquid), beans, sweet potato, and 1 cup water.

Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).

Serve the chili with the sour cream, scallions, and tortilla chips. (optional)
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Interesting recipe. I'm not a big sweet potato fan but I should try it before I pass judgment,

Thanks for sharing.