comparison pics for weight lifters

Options
natesangel
natesangel Posts: 210 Member
so this morning my daughter (4) and i were looking at some inspirational pics (starting with ashley hoffman!) and she said maybe i should stop with my weights and just walk more? when i asked her why she told me that she didn't want me to look that hard. fair enough, the pics we've been seeing are all strong woman flexing.
i started looking for some comparison pics to show her that weights don't make woman look like that everyday (i'm no where near ripped enough to be an example of this yet!) and that it's only like that when you work hard to look that way on purpose OR when you're showing them beauties off! my problem, and hence this post, is that it's actually harder than i thought to share pics with her of woman that i watch for my inspiration that show both the soft everyday pose and the flexed look.
with that all said, i thought hey, why not expand this question beyond my own little friends list to the support group that has helped me out in so many other ways!!!

so ladies (men too but this is to show my girl that it's alright for females to lift heavy!) i need some side by sides of flexed and normal!! i'm almost at a time where i can start going into the gym for the big weights and i don't want her to feel intimidated for me (i'm scared enough on my own!).
thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, there is power lifting for strength focus, there is body building for show focus.

She was probably seeing the body building results, which with the addition of drugs does indeed lead to a larger than life muscle look.

A few other replies in here for some other woman.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/894293-ladies-weight-lifting-will-make-something-bulky
  • natesangel
    Options
    yep always liked that one myself. what i'm looking for specifically though is, 'this is me walking into the gym all normal looking', compared to same woman 'and this is me lifting something heavier than your daddy'!! (ps he's only 145lbs so it's not hard for most of you!)
    she's missing the point of seeing the before and after a flex, if that makes sense? to her the individual pics are different women.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I posted one for you on IG.
  • natesangel
    Options
    thanks! looking great!