Something Positive

Options
hollydohrman
hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
I was looking through some of my more recent posts and they seem to have a more negative turn to them. Lots of "I failed to" or "I'm not". That needs to change. While I have some areas that need work there should always be something positive in every situation. I'm never going to be perfect so I need to start looking for the small positive things and move away from the more negative things.

So, beginning tomorrow I commit to posting one positive thing every day for the next 7 days. Life is good and I need to remind myself of just how good it is. Anyone who would like to join me please feel free. Let's create a positive focus!

Who's with me?

Replies

• RamyunChi
    Options
    Me! I am constantly putting myself down to the point of it becoming full blown depression due to my weight and my body image issues. I definitely need a dose of positivity! hehe That being said, I am a beautiful young woman with so much to look forward too! No giving up!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with you ladies! I gained three pounds while on vacation and have not really done anything positive about fixing it. I love food but need to watch how much I am eating until I get back on track. Today I am happy that I did my strength workout and a 2 1/2 mile walk all on a Monday morning before work. Hope everyone has a great Monday.
  • varula
    varula Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm always looking for that silver lining. Thanks for including me in this group! I've been feeling pretty positive lately, so I'll post a small victory instead. My neighbors have this GORGEOUS patio, complete with a fully stocked bar. I KNOW this is largely the reason I've had such trouble losing weight - alcohol. We are there All. The. Time. And it's just so SOCIAL! And FUN! Over the weekend, I was invited over again for dinner (they cook SUPER healthy!!) and was tempted to make up some excuse not to go. But I went and brought a few cans of seltzer with me so I wouldn't be tempted by their oh-so-amazing home-made margaritas. Once the initial, "are you SURE you don't want a margarita?" wore off, all was good and we even still had a lot of fun! Who needs alcohol, really? I think it's the IDEA of it that's so alluring - tasty and gets you in the mood to be social. But I pulled it off, just fine without it :drinker: :wink:
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    @varula - awesome victory. Saying no to something can be hard. I know I can be the "are you sure" person at times. Having something else there to help you stay away from temptation was a smart idea.