How to get zombie chases on the elliptical

Options
peanut1967
peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
Hi,

I do the workouts on my elliptical, wearing my smartphone in a sports armband, and like so many others I did not get zombie chases using the accelerometer setting. I found out that the step counter works fine, but for some reason the steps where translated to a very slow speed (about 1.2 km/ hour). You get zombie chases only if your average speed is at least 7 km/hour, though. I changed the standard stride length (0.7 m) to 2.5 m. Sounds ridicoulous, but now ZR tracks my speed more or less correctly, that is, the average speed on my elliptical and on Zombie Link is nearly the same. So if anyone wants zombie chases on the elliptical, experimenting with different stride lengths might do the trick.
If you additionally increase the resistance during the chases, it gets even harder :)

By the way, I am absolutely delighted how well Spotify integrates with the app, it is so great they made that work!

Replies

• RunninGran
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing the Zombie Run 5K app. I run on a treadmill and I have bluetooth earbuds and I haven't found a comfortable place for my phone so I just lay it on the treadmill. As a result it doesn't measure my steps at all. I did not think it mattered I was just using it as triggers to tell me when to run and something to make my running a little more interesting. But you are saying that if I were using it properly it would adjust to my activity and send zoms out to chase me according to the pace I was running?
    Thanks!
  • peanut1967
    peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, on Zombies Run 5K there are no zombie chases at all. The chases in the main game are random and would not fit in the 5K program. In the main app, zhough, you get Zombie chases on the treadmill if you a) switch "chases" on in the settings, and b) keep your phone in your hand, in a pocket, an armband or whatever. I think you also have to activate the accelerometer in the app.
    On the treadmill you should not have to adjust your stride length as I have described it for my elliptical.

Have fun!
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I've been using the elliptical at the gym when the weather isn't great, so will have to remember this!