Options
Hello everyone. My name is Adrienne, I'm 51 and at the tain end of perimenopause (SO I hope). I've lost 130lbs and was doing very well at keeping it off - or so I thought. I spent the past month losing 12lbs that mysterious returned even though I have a VERY clean diet and workout 4-5x a week.

Looking forward to making new friends.

Have a great day!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi! Lucky you for being toward the end. I have no idea where I am. :-)

Welcome to the group!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I think my roller coaster of peri is just beginning (I'm 50). The mood swings are amazing, mention tears and I've got buckets of them.

Welcome!
  • terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello all, My name is Teresa and I just joined the board today. I am hoping to lose 40 lbs but between a month long period no period my body can't quite seem to keep up.

I never know if I am on the right track or not. I just keep logging and tracking.
  • terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I forgot I am 52
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you. Lots of great support (and most importantly, good humour) here. :drinker:

Edit for sp.
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    54 and still going through it, welcome!
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello all, My name is Teresa and I just joined the board today. I am hoping to lose 40 lbs but between a month long period no period my body can't quite seem to keep up.

I never know if I am on the right track or not. I just keep logging and tracking.

Welcome Teresa! I never know what my body is going to do---it really is "going through the change"...
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm on the roller coaster of peri-menopause.

Karen
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Welcome Teresa! I never know what my body is going to do---it really is "going through the change"...

My fav saying about menopause (or peri, I guess) is "Take everything you thought you knew about your body and turn it upside down". I'm 50.

No idea where I am at any given moment as I had a hysterectomy at age 33 and have no periods to gauge by. I go through weeks or months with hot flashes then they disappear for a while.

Although I've never been overweight, my body composition has certainly changed (and not for the better!) over the last couple of years so I ended up here in an effort to counteract that. I'm truly dismayed by how much muscle tone I've lost -- and how difficult it is to get back.
  • mchristo918
    Options
    I sure hope this group is still active, I could really use the support! I'm 40, but right in the throes of menopause. I have surgically-induced menopause. two years ago I discovered I had pre-cancerous cells growing through my uterus, so out it came. I chose to keep the ovaries, but they have decided they just can't handle it alone! So here I am going through this 10 years earlier than I had ever imagined. The weight gain has been detrimental, but I am finally back to full health and started fresh with a fitness program and have changed my diet. I started at the end of May at 206 lbs and just weighed in yesterday at 189. Progress! I could really use some friends here who understand. Thanks!
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a struggling newbie too who is in the throes of peri. I'm (soon to be) 49 and have been dealing with this for the past couple of years. I have watched my weight go up 40+ pounds in the last 2 years and I have been seriously trying to get the weight off (very serious in the last month) and I have not seen any results which is frustrating.

I'm at my wits end on what to do - scheduled an appt with my doctor for suggestions, as he did blood work for TSH and that came back normal so I want to ask him now what? I hate that I'm having to wait until the 15th to see him though, I have been pulling my hair out trying everything from working out more, to strength training to clean eating and I just don't see any changes, both in weight or measurements. It's enough to bring on the waterworks which come easy enough to begin with.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many beautiful women. I'm 49 going on 19 lol I'm as cool as always, with no side efxs apart from weight gain. That's why I'm here (: