hi any tips /advice for newbie?

Options
XLMACX
XLMACX Posts: 346 Member
Hi everyone,

New here im about to start a new journey of 5.2 diet BUT not counting on the 5 days im so nervous as I have done a mixture of calorie counting and weight watchers for 4 and half years!! Im fed up of it now and want to listen more to my body as I really believe I probably wouldn’t eat half as much if I wasn’t counting calories sometimes I feel like im eating for the sake of it.

Im a tad scales obsessed so decided to weigh just once a month this scares me with taking on this new eating choice as 1 month can do a lot of damage. Any advice or tips?

Replies

• raeCR
    raeCR Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Giving up the scale is like kicking a bad habit. It is hard at first but once you do it, it gets easier. I forget we have a scale. What has helped me is measuring my goals in other ways besides in pounds. I had a skin condition I watched go away as I ate better. I looked at my fingernails as they grew stronger and white. I thought about the energy I had. When you eat- wait 15 minutes and then check in how you feel emotionally and physically. I know if I eat processed snacks like crackers I feel dehydrated from all of the salt. I know if I eat too much sugar I feel sluggish. Also, I went to try clothes on the other day. I HATE this, but this time I did not look at myself in the mirror until I had the clothing on and I noticed how things were a bit loser in areas. I was disappointed the size I was trying on was still too tight, but felt great that I could imagine it fitting soon. I have only been at this since the end of June but I feel more successful and amazing than ever!