13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
I have a challenge for us. You game??
4 home cooked meals this week, each.

da-mo-919_zpsfdaf930e.jpg

Answer the following:
Joining in on the challenge this week?
How did last week's goals go for you?
What set you back and what went well last week?
What are you focusing on this week?
And, how's today going?

ETA: If you have not all ready, reply to the Roll Call that way we can get to know each other one month at a time. :)

Replies

• rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm game, 4 home cooked should be nothing. Maybe?

Slipped a bit toward the end of the week and never made it to the gym a third time(doctors on Thursday and slept through my alarm on Friday) So I want to try again this week. Its going to be a good week!

Hope everyone enjoyed there weekend.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    RckSiren: I like the determination. I agree - it will be a good week!
    Answer the following:
    And, how's today going?

> Yes, I'm joining in on the challenge. I'm going to try to home cook 2 dinners, and then the others will be breakfasts (Lunch is left overs)

> Last week I wanted to drink a min of 64oz of water, and track everyday. Early on in the week, Monday - Wednesday, I did great. Thursday not as good and Friday & Saturday bad. I did come back on Sunday and do well again...

> End of last week, I got stressed and gave up a bit. I need to remember to track, track, track no matter what. What did go well was using a 20oz bottle, because if I filled it 3 times that's 60oz right there. I also really like the scan function on the phone for tracking packaged foods incase I grab something randomly.

> This week, I'm going for the same goals Water (64oz MIN) and Tracking everything I eat. I have a family reunion Friday and wedding Saturday - so it's another busy weekend.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in the challenge.

Workout wise, i'm good. I'm going scale free. Will be measuring my progress for now. Scale messes with my head.

My nutrition is skewed. I eat healthy, but portion control is tricky.

My this week's goal is to get in my workouts and to practice portion control. Also want to see inch loss this week.
  • mamamageno
    Options

Answer the following:
    And, how's today going?

yes, but I cook almost all of my family's meals because eating out is too expensive. So to make it more of a challenge for myself, I will include a salad with at least 4 of the meals I make this week. I'm guilty of making not-so-healthy dinners and leaving out the salad.

Last week I was trying to make it to the gym at least 3 days, but unfortunately I didn't make it even once.

There was a loss in the family and I have to admit that really threw me off course. I was using my time to spend with family and helping getting all the affairs in order for the funeral. What went well was even though I wasn't able to make it to the gym, I was very mindful of what I was eating so that I wouldn't overeat. I tend to eat when I'm upset and I managed to keep myself from doing that this time.

I'm re-focusing on making it to the gym 3 days this week and doing my yoga every day for my back. I've been slacking on my yoga and its making my back pain come back.

And, how's today going?
    Today is just starting and so far I feel pretty good about it. I'm already in my gym clothes and since I cleaned up the house last night, I'm all set to work on myself today (:
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options

Answer the following:
    And, how's today going?

ETA: If you have not all ready, reply to the Roll Call that way we can get to know each other one month at a time. :)

My goals last week I think were related to my kayaking speeds and going to the gym. I did not exceed my goal. I've been sick with chronic appendicitis for a few months and my body slowed down this week something awful. That AND I've been dealing with the impending doom of dropping my class today, I didn't even log my food this weekend and today isn't going to hot. I don't deal with stress very well.

For me, this week is all about getting back on track and dealing with my stress better. I want to eat under 1400 calories a day (Today's already gone but tomorrow's a new day.) I want to go to the gym at least once. I am taking a kayaking trip this Sunday with my friend so I have that going for me. I am developing a study plan for the upcoming year, and I am most importantly relaxing and de-stressing. When I stress, I binge and I reeeaaaaally want to avoid that the rest of this week.

TL;DR: Dropped my calculus class, stressed out, had a bad weekend accountability-wise.
  • liferunner259
    Options
    Last week’s goals – 75% success
    Set backs – Not sure
    This week’s focus – increase exercising to 5 days, water intake
    Today started out a little rough (running was a struggle) but it can only get better.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I would like to welcome all the newcomers!

Joining in on the challenge this week? Absolutely!!

How did last week's goals go for you? Exercise was a bust for me because of my knee. Water was good Mon, Tues, bad on Wed, close on Thurs, good on Fri, Sat, Sun. Tracking I believe I did well with tracking. I really forced myself to track everything.

What set you back and what went well last week? I think I did well except for exercise. I went over my calories on the weekend but beside that I did well.

What are you focusing on this week? I am going to do some yoga, started this morning. Planning on getting back to running wed, fri and to continue tracking and drinking water.

And, how's today going? Today has been good so far. Did yoga this morning, ate a cliff bar for breakfast, had some yummy mushroom ravioli for lunch. Dinner is to be determined. I got to the store and bought some food for the week. I'm getting ready to go pick up some fruit. Me & my daughter are getting birthday sundae's at culvers. I looked up calories and decided on one scoop vanilla with hot fudge (352 calories)

My knee is feeling better. No more swelling in my leg. I have a brace on it. I went to target without the brace and it was bothering me when I got back so I better keep it on. I'm off today so I'm keeping it elevated. I will probably walk dog later to get some steps in. Again, I will listen to my body and see how I feel.
  • journey_4_ashley
    journey_4_ashley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm new but I'm up for the challenge this week.

This week I'm going to focus on having 2 workouits before work and tracking my food. That's the hardest part for me.
    Today I've been really good about tracking my food and I already completed a workout.

Thanks for having me :)
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Glad to see you posting Ashey!

Kashaas - Very glad your knee is doing better and Great job on last week!!

LifeRunner - Good luck on this week!

Rachel - Sending positive, stress-free thoughts your way. Mental health is huge and classes aren't really relaxing.

I ate a cookie at 4pm. It was 4" diameter (so larger) and very good. Only one cookie, even said no to a second.

Mangeo - Hope your workout goes well!

Jia - I prefer measurements over the scale. Sometimes they take a bit to move, but I trust it more!

Today, I'm very proud of myself. I had one cookie! Only one. Got offered a second one and said no. I don't even regret the first because I was hungry, it was good, and I only had one! :)

Other than that, today I got up to 50oz (it's 9pm now) and tracked most of my food thus far. I need to eat dinner still but that's what it is with the extra long days at work right now.

Hope everyone has a good night!
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well....I had some pizza today... My 2 week streak of no pizza is over.... I'll join the challenge though. 4home cooked meals, drink water, work out, I got this! My hola to get more protein and less carbs have improved, but always room to do even better. I did not workout as I had a personal family matter to attend to, so tomorrow I'm back on the workout grind.
  • Daydreamangel
    Daydreamangel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I only eat home cooked meals..so not much of a challenge for me. I hadn't gone out to eat in a month!

I had a lovely HIIT session on the treadmill for 40 minutes and felt great, truly energized.

I also didn't go over my calorie intake goal.

All in all, a good Monday.
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted!
    I've already planned our dinner for tonight...grilled cheese with 45 calorie multi-grain bread and Borden's fat free cheese. mmm. So good! With a side salad and fresh banana. Already looking forward to it. LoL. I've made my lunch too: taco salad made with ground turkey :)

I was a slacker yesterday, and I didn't check in. Booooo. Sorry! But I am here today, back in action, ready to take on the world, and enjoy this journey.

My goals this week...hmmm...is going to incorporate more veggies/fruits into my diet! As well as consume four home-cooked meals this week I don't always eat the recommended amount, and most of the time I'm not anywhere close to it.

:tongue: