August challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday from Montana!! Costco has cookies?? :D

Dogs ran into Skunkzilla again last night on our walk... yep, same two dogs. They must have learned some lesson since they are not quite as bad as 2 weeks ago. At least the one did not have her mouth open.. LOL!! We did our 6 week carb meal yesterday, so I am slow as a sloth today..
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Does not mean you have to stop checking in TJ...
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Monday check in! Just ate the last of the deer chili made with the last of the deer..... Fall needs to hurry!
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Still in the running! Today was squats and deadlifts. My favorite day of the split.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday and let's all have a great week!!
    I stumbled on Under Armour's "i will" commercial and I have say they are very inspirational. (at least to me)
    For our community I thought this "Celebrating 10 years of Under Armour protecting those who protect our nation" tactical team commercial is very fitting. Its a pretty badass commercial for sports gear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RkMG8k9HE

For the ladies I just love the Lindsey Vonn commercial. The part where she has barbell on her back and jumped on the weight bench is pretty impressive. Now That's strength! Damn!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfEZKkONyIE
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I give up... trying to post a picture... could get the image up but then it's huge. Hate being computer illiterate!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Boy, you all are active on here. Please have patience as I attempt to keep up.

The Vonn commercial is inspiring. I would like to be able to do a legitimate box jump without weight. Wow!

Montana Girl (not sure of everyone's names) I see a different pic. Great shot of you in pink. The scenery is sweet. My dream location to live is Missoula, MT. I fell in love with it. One day...one day...

It seems weekends are tough for many of us. I tend to eat little, but bad. Now I am dreaming of Costco lemon mini muffin things. The boyfriend has successfully talked me out of getting them for awhile now. BUT somehow he still gets his brownie brittle stuff. hmmmm?

So far, so good for the day except I ran out of food at work and I am starving. 900 some cals left. There is no way I can eat that by the time I go to bed. I am putting this out there because if I post it I will do it. Weights and a short run ARE happening tonight.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey GoodDaytoYou! What a cool thing! You let us know how the gym thing works out. It should be that much more fun to go with the hubby and/or the neighbor sometimes. Get it girl!!
    This morning I joined a gym for the first time guys! My husband and best girlfriend who wants to lose 200 lbs joined too. I'm so excited!
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yep, another trip to the gym today. Came home and made vegetable curry. Going to bed full of delicious fresh veggies. And let's face it, I had some buttery naan too!
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mornin' y'all. COFFEE!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Morning Folks a Happy Tuesday to ya! Looks like a great bunch of folks here and welcome home to Kris. Got a couple days meals in the slow cookers last night, Bubba Burgers over Broccoli and cauliflower, and Chicken over Spinach and carrots in the other. Four meals ready for the week.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Thanks for the welcome Hmrjmr1. Your dinner sounds yummy. Easmythcrna, coffee? I have had 3 cups this morning:( Exhausted and it does not seem to be waking me up.. GoodDayToYou, NAAN! One of the tastiest breads ever.

Monday kicked my tush. I managed to get myself to 1000 cals, but still short of what I wanted. I need to bring some extra food to work today. I had my eye on that vending machine outside my office. Every time I heard the coins drop, the desire grew. Managed a 35-minute slowwww run and bicep/tricep workout. Won't do those two together again. My arms were feeling it.

Goal today is to stop by the new indoor climbing wall that just opened up by me. The question is whether I can get higher than five feet off the ground. This will be a first for me. My neighbors go all the time. Perhaps it will help me with my new fear of heights. Need to work on this before the Tough Mudder. Please don't let me freeze up on that wall!
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday... Steak and eggs for breakfast, yum. Off to work, have a good day.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Mark AATW! Did fair bit o work with 49th Div in Iraq great bunch of Good Soldiers. Hooah to Ya.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning all!

Made my first attempt at cauliflower rice last night using a Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe that was on Everydaypaleo.com in July. Flavor was great -didn't miss the white rice but texture was maybe grained too small. Gotta work on that. I'd done some crock pot pork carnitas, so we were having homemade chipotle style bowls. Tasty
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Didn't do well with my eating yesterday but today is a new day. Hoping for less comfort and emotional eating, and just eating when I'm actually hungry!

You would think after 10 years and 100+ pounds I wouldn't give into the comfort/emotional eating, but it is still my biggest challenge. :ohwell:
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Morning! My wife has said she is joining me on the eating plan, that should make things better! Lol. Biggest weakness right now is there is a snow cone shack just around the corner with the best snow cones I have ever had.... lol.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mark. I plan to keep checking in. There's always runners-up!
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in.. No Skunk challenges to report :D I received some tips on how to properly grill meats. After some practice (which we ate), I am impressed how well they are coming out now. Not perfect yet, but getting closer. Last night were some thick juicy Pork Chops with a Zucchini, Squash, and Onion chaser.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Doing good group, we still have 10 that are in it to win it.

My eating was great yesterday and Sunday and the scales are not being as unkind to me as they could have been. So I am hoping that I might show a loss this week.

Mark what tips are you getting for grilling? I love to grill. I prefer to grill steak myself than to go to a restaurant and pay there prices. I use charcoal in a Weber kettle grill. One layer of coals nice and grey. Salt and pepper the steaks and rub in with olive oil. For one inch steaks gill 4 minutes on each side then wrap loosely in tinfoil and let rest 10 minutes. Comes out a perfect juicy medium.