Say Hello!

Options
2»

Replies

• Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good Morrning/Afternoon Everyone! Pam from La. here :flowerforyou: I love reading everyone's story and what motivates them. I joined this group yesterday. It does my heart good to see so many good peope come together working towards the same goal....being healhy, feeling and looking good about themselves.

My question to y'all is: Do you have any special recipes or exercises you'd like to share? As I'm starting the quest for the thousandth time, (or so it seems), I would love any help or advice you have to offer. Currently I am at 190 lbs at 5'0". :embarassed: I have lost and gained, lost and gained, etc. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hope everyone is having a terrific day!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey Pam - why not start a Recipe thread.....I have some I can share!
  • sheilaq14
    sheilaq14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Sheila
    Where you are from: New Hampshire
    Your weight loss goals: 155, currently 184, started in Jan-14 at 220
    Motivation: feeling younger & stronger, not embarrassing my toddler son, teaching him good habits, etc.
    Favorite Foods: birthday cake, ice cream, Smartfood
    Exercise Plans: New Rules of Lifting for Women (in stage 2)
    Hobbies: sewing, baking, tennis, playing cards
    Anything Else: I am doing the Every Other Day Diet and feel in control of my eating for the first time in forever. I am 5'6" and 42yo. Would be happy to have some new friends in this group.
  • casarow
    casarow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My Intro!
    What should we call you / name: Lorraine
    Where you are from: Georgia
    Your weight loss goals: I am 5'3 1/2' . I am currently about 145lbs. I would like to lose 15 lbs of fat and gain 10 lbs muscle and the most important..MAINTAIN !
    Motivation: A bet with my husband to be a size 4 (currently size 8-10) by December 31st .. If I win he has to get on the wagon and start a exercise program
    Favorite Foods: Clean eating !!
    Exercise Plans: Cycling , Group fitness classes.. Kick fit , Boxing, Insanity , Sport Circuit , Core blast, Yoga, any self defense class!! Can't wait to get my tractor tire this week to flip in the barnyard !! LOL !!!
    Hobbies: Raising Chickens , Gardening and antique shopping !
    Anything Else: I am formerly a heavy weight champion of Obesity ! I use to weigh in at 255 lbs and wearing a size 22 W
    No surgeries.. Just eating right , exercising and getting rid of the old ball and chain!
    Would love to have more friends and see others go through there journey.
  • vgates81
    vgates81 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am surprised at how many people have joined already. Hopefully having this much support will help us all reach our goals. Thank you for joining and keep checking back regularly. :)
  • Marney25
    Marney25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just joined the group and MFP about a week ago. So looking for encouragement and motivation. Please friend me!

Please call me Lara
    My weight loss goal so to lose 40 lbs by my 40th birthday - January 25
    Motivation is my family and regaining my comfort with myself. I spent my 30s having kids and putting myself at the bottom of the list. I want my 40s to be my best decade yet!
    Favorite foods- I love sweets!
    Exercise plan- I've always loved running. I signed up for a half marathon in October.
    Hobbies- I love reading, movies, knitting, playing with my kids

Good luck to everyone!
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I joined this group because I saw that Rhenee (Hi there!) was in it. She was in another group with me that came to an end.

• What should we call you / name: Gerry, aka chench53

• Where you are from: Living in Suffolk, Virginia, but originally from New York City.

• Your weight loss goals: Last weigh in was 136 pounds, would like to get back to 115 pounds. I'm 4'11" tall.

• Motivation: What motivates me? As of today, I'm going to declare that it's the desire to retire! And, be fit and healthy so I can do all the things I want to do, such as travel more, and ride my motorcycle.

• Favorite Foods: Wow, I like most foods, and I don't bother to cook so any well cooked meal is always a favorite.
    *** I'm Italian, love a good bowl of pasta with red gravy (what most people call 'sauce').
    *** Favorite dessert would have to be plain vanilla ice cream, though I tolerate all flavors. :bigsmile:
    *** I like to eat fish, big salads that are chopped up well, and long walks on the beach (oh, that's another forum, LOL)!!

• Exercise Plans: I have none, need to develop some routine.

• Hobbies: The motivation portion, need to resume, motorcycling. Not on the back, I ride my own.

• Anything Else: I'll save this for more general conversations to come.:laugh: except to sayt that I do have a FitBit.

my profile there is https://www.fitbit.com/user/2623NC

I'll get to read everyone's introductions, and be adding you as friends also!!

Gerry
    aka chench53
  • mom2kgirls
    mom2kgirls Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've lost weight with MFP before and kept it off for a while; I tend to lose and gain the same 20 pounds whenever I have a health or family crisis! I would like to lose 25 pounds and keep it off for good!

What should we call you / name: mom2kgirls or Deb (either is fine)
    Where you are from: Tampa Bay, Florida
    Your weight loss goals: 25 pounds by Christmas
    Motivation: being healthy, avoiding diabetes, looking good
    Favorite Foods: I love vegetables of all kinds
    Exercise Plans: WII-fit, fast walks on the beach and water aerobics in my pool as soon as the pump is fixed!
    Hobbies: sewing, crafts, reading, travel
    Anything Else: My husband is very supportive and accepting of me no matter what. But I have 4 daughters in their 20's that are incredible - smart, fit and active. I am very involved with supporting them and visiting them. They are great cheerleaders for me. I would love to have them all be proud/surprised by the way I look during their holiday visits!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey there Gerry - I am excited you joined this group. I am still doing the JNL Fusion that I was doing while in the other group. I am in week 6 and even though the weight hasn't been melting off, I am definitely seeing some changes in my body. I am going to move on and attempt T25 in a couple of weeks. Hopefully JNL Fusion has helped prepare me to do T25!! Even though I like using the weights in the program I am doing, I think I really need some hard core cardio to get some fat off!!
  • mom2kgirls
    Options
    I think birthday goals can be great motivators! Good luck in training for the marathon. I have a friend who started training for one and it changed her life for the better - we'll be rooting for you!

Hi everyone! Just joined the group and MFP about a week ago. So looking for encouragement and motivation. Please friend me!

Please call me Lara
    My weight loss goal so to lose 40 lbs by my 40th birthday - January 25
    Motivation is my family and regaining my comfort with myself. I spent my 30s having kids and putting myself at the bottom of the list. I want my 40s to be my best decade yet!
    Favorite foods- I love sweets!
    Exercise plan- I've always loved running. I signed up for a half marathon in October.
    Hobbies- I love reading, movies, knitting, playing with my kids

Good luck to everyone!
    [/quote]
  • mom2kgirls
    Options
    I think a lot of people need support in losing weight - it's great to have a board like this for us to know how normal we really are and how we can support each other. Thanks for starting it!
    Hello everyone! I am surprised at how many people have joined already. Hopefully having this much support will help us all reach our goals. Thank you for joining and keep checking back regularly. :)
  • absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Lea!
    Where you are from: Sweden
    Your weight loss goals: I don't really have any, I'm doing my best to see how much I can loose before the 22d December :wink:
    Motivation: Listening to Christmas-songs and thinking about how awesome I'll look in a new Christmas-dress!
    Favorite Foods: Salmon, avocado, sourdough bread, dark chocolate with strawberries.
    Exercise Plans: gymclasses 3xweek, running 2xweek and gymming 3xweek
    Hobbies: Writing, reading, drawing, dancing.
    Anything Else: No red meat, lactose intolerant.