Just joined this group...

Options
PapaJames
PapaJames Posts: 12 Member
Hello all... I'm James. My gastric bypass surgery is scheduled for August 14, 2014 and I'm doing my two-week clear liquid diet now. Actually I started a few days ago... I think I must be anxious!

As you all know, it's a long trek with a lot of hoops to jump through. For me it's been a year since my first visit with the doctor. Long story! But I'm ready to go now and maybe a bit nervous.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself... :-)

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Papa!

You'll find a wealth of information and experiences here. Jump in, read a bunch of previous topics and add some friends. I am also pre-surgery, my date for Sleeve surgery is September 30th.

Whatever's on your mind, you'll find a bunch of good people here who will share their stories about the topic.

Rob
  • jomamacita7
    jomamacita7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi James! Welcome! You've found a great resource here at MFP! I'm pre-op for gastric bypass surgery, hoping to get a date in September! Good luck to you!
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Pre-op here too. (no surgery date as of yet) :smile:
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also started my pre-op diet a little early. One, because it makes more sense to me to start things on Mondays. I had my gastric sleeve surgery last Tuesday, almost a week ago. This group has been such a huge help! I am about to search through old posts for advice on vitamins and I know I'll get some good results. Logging everything I eat and drink into MFP has really helped me stick to my plan, especially during my 3-month supervised diet. I am sure you will find lots of support and information here! Feel free to friend me if you want to see what a post-op diet looks like as I progress through the stages. I am on clear liquids now but my doc added in some milk-based protein to help with nausea. I start full liquids on Thursday and I can't wait for a little yogurt and a cup of creamy soup!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Welcome James; It also took me a year to get from start to surgery. To me that proves you are serious because you did have to jump through the hoops and hung in there.
    Rob is right on the money. There is plenty to read and learn and we are all here to help one another out. You find many people at different stages on MFP. I am three and a half years post VSG, I had a regain of 50lbs and have lost 40lb of that in the 69 days. Take advantage of the first 6 months your "honeymoon" period, this is where you get the most bang for your buck. After that it does take more exercise and determination, but is still very much doable as you will see from many posts. Again good luck and welcome.
  • mlomago19
    mlomago19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for August 12th, so we will be surgery buddies. Hope that the preop diet goes well for you. Good luck with everything!