Skinny fat links?

Options
Melissa_mojo
Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
Hi all I'm new to this it took me about 8 months but I went from 147 to 119 lbs I am at or around my ideal weight but I am skinny fat :-( bad :-( wobbly all over and need to tone extremely bad not even sure my stomach can even be toned ugh. I tried some of the links on here for ppl that are just starting out and getting into toning and weight lifting etc but they don't work. My problem is I am only use to boot camp style training with ppl showing and telling me what to do so now that I'm in the gym I have no clue what to do so I just do the same machines that they line up for beginners daily. (follow the numbers on the machine for a complete body workout!) I do upper body Mondays lower Tuesdays weds off Thurs upper Friday lower. But same thing same machines. blah! I am wondering if anyone can look at my diary first off and tell me if I'm taking in enough secondly how do I get toned up and know I'm doing this right? I am so confused with macros etc also I get different suggestions on what to do that I am so confused! The trainer at my gym I hate to say it sucks and just cares about money and getting more personal training sessions purchased. So I stopped with him because I felt he was a waste. Please help I am so desperate I am actually OCD and addicted about reading constantly on stuff but I am bombarded with different opinions and ways of doing stuff!

Replies

• josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I do a combination at my gym, but also mix it up with Aiki Jutsu (martial arts) and one dance class at the dance school a week.

What I do goes something like this:

Mon - AM - 30 mins motortone (assisted toning machines, similar to curves at a guess - though I've never done curves) and 2 hours Aiki Jutsu (if I don't do Aiki Jutsu I do 1 hour bootcamp at my gym which is a mix of weights and cardio)
    Tue - AM - As above and 2 hours Aiki Jutsu
    Wed - 30 mins Motortone and 30 mins intensive cardio in a group with a trainer inc weights
    Thu - 30 mins motortone and 1 hr MMA Combat Fitness Style Circuit Training (mix of weight/kickboxing with a bit of cardio)
    Fri - A dance class or motortone
    Sat - 30 mins Motortone and 30 mins intensive cardio in a group with a trainer inc weights
    Sun - 2 hrs Aiki Jutsu

Does your gym have classes included in membership which involve resistance type training? My bootcamp type classes do involve that and it teaches me new exercises to try when I am doing solo stuff on my own. My gym will also write down exercises and show you again at no extra cost (personal training does cost extra).

You might want to try the New Rules for Lifting groups (there are two I am a member of so you can pimp my profile, as they may give you more guidance on lifting and toning).

Stomach toning takes the longest to achieve. It takes persistance. I am in the same boat.

Try this site for calculating calories http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

I use it a lot.

My macros are set at Carbs 40%/Protein 30%/Fat 30%. I set all my MFP goals custom.
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Your diet is light on calories but I am not sure how tall you are. Mine is light this week because I am on a strict kick start but I would try recalculating your TDEE with the previous link I posted and maybe decrease cals by 10-20% and set your calorie goal on MFP at custom.
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '3 and I have no clue how many carbs etc i should be eating I went to that scooby site lol and I dont understand any of it. I go to the gym 4 times a week and lift on the machines but not sure im even ding it right
  • Laurenphipps85
    Laurenphipps85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi

you need a high protein diet

aim to eat 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat in your daily calories (you can work this out, google TDEE)

loads of heavy weights, low reps, heavy weights and watch your form, go on you tube and watch vids to help

you can even fit goodies in :-) xx