Summer Challenge Week 2 Results

Options
Figaver
Figaver Posts: 69 Member
Week 2 completed! Everyone please post your results on this thread. Here is a list of the current participants. Please feel free to join in with us at any time!

Figaver: 1.5%
Jim1960: .94%
Toez79: 1.34%
Sparacka: 2.48%
17JayR: 1.23%
LatinaGordita
BoundForBeauty: 3.3 lb
Frob23: .55%
59gi: 1 lb

Here are my Week 2 Results:
SW: 262
CW:258
Pounds Lost: 4 (1.5%)

How did yall's week 2 go? I seem to unravel on the weekend every time. Anyone have any tips on how you stay on track?

Replies

• sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Friends, it's not good...went to visit my mother and fell into a black hole of carbed-out bliss. I don't know whether to blame it all on that or on the new workout routine, but I'm up from last week. HARG.

SW 161
    CW 158.6
    Loss 2.4 lbs (1.5%)

I'm getting back in the saddle!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Start Trend Weight: 72.86 kg
    Today's Trend Weight: 72.03 kg
    Total Percentage Lost: 1.14% (Change: +0.59%)
    Goal Percentage Lost: 2.74%

Another fairly consistent week. Of course, big swings up or down will be extremely rare due to the fact that I'm using my trend-line and not scale weight. I am losing a little bit faster than I expected (almost a pound a week). It's not outrageously out of line though. I am eating 2,120 calories/day on average. Which means my average TDEE works out to be somewhere around 2,575 calories/day.

I am currently doing a personal mini-challenge. I am doing 30 days of meat, eggs, and high-fat dairy only. So, the weekends aren't too much of a challenge for me, because I stick to the same foods. Today is day 19. So, I'm almost done with the 30 days. So far, it's been fun but not too different from normal with regards to weight loss, energy level, fullness, etc.

I guess my best advice for weekends would be to plan your weekend in advance. Know what you're going to be doing and if you're going somewhere. Make a food plan that allows you to enjoy your weekend but also stay within your goals.
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I started off great, then had to tend to a family emergency. So I'm still

SW 211 7/14

CW 203 8/4

Just reading up on Atkins bars and products and am pretty sure I need to only have them in dire emergencies. They slow my losses. I know some people don't have the same problem. It's too bad I do, because some of the stuff is Yummy!
  • toez79
    toez79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a trend, because I had a really tough week too - we had a family emergency plus I had a planned "carb-y" event Saturday but then continued to eat carbs and even ice cream and cookies on Sunday. It did make me feel crappy, so at least I'm not continuing to be tempted.

SW: 237.6
    CW: 234
    1.5%
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lost 3.2 lbs .
    sw 177
    cw 173.8
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    SW: 373.1
    CW: 369.4
    Total Lost: 3.7 (0.99%)
    GW: 350 (around 6%)

Very hard week at work and my diet suffered for it. Frankly, I'm happy I got back down to where I started - so it's just a bump in the road. So happy the days are normal again.
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My numbers are the same as last week.

SW: 162
    CW: 160
    Loss: 1.23%

But, with all the birthday parties and picnics this last week, no change is a win! :smile:
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I hope this week is going better than last week for most people. I have been doing pretty good. Scale weight is bouncing around, but still trending down.

This is going to be a busy weekend. I have to move a bunch of stuff out of my garage. Still, there's no reason that I won't be able to stick to my calorie goal.
  • Figaver
    Options
    I had a planned cheat day yesterday because it was my nephews birthday party. I wish it would have been on Wednesday or Thursday so I would have had time to get rid of the extra water weight before weigh in. As of yesterday morning, I was 2.4 lbs down, so hopefully I will have retained most of that loss tomorrow morning. As a whole though, this has been my best week of the challenge so far.
    Frob, sounds like you'll probably be doing a lot of heavy lifting and moving around so you'll be getting some great extra calorie burn! You've been so consistent so far, I'm jealous!
  • Malcah1
    Malcah1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd like join the challenge! How many weeks is the challenge and what day do we weigh-in?
  • Figaver
    Options
    The challenge is 8 weeks long, and we are just finishing up our 3rd week. Week 4 starts tomorrow. If you look back through the topics, you will find the starting post with the challenge information. We would love to have you join us!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    It's not as stable as it seems. It's only the fact that it's a trend line that smoothes it out. The following lists my daily changes on the scale. These values are all in kg... so they would be more than double that amount in lbs. For example, 1.2kg would be 2.6 pounds. 0.9 kg would be about 2 pounds.

0.0, +0.2, -1.2, -0.6, -0.2, +0.8, -0.7, +0.9, -0.7, -0.1, +0.1, +0.1, -0.1, -0.7, -0.7, +0.5, +0.4, -0.1, -0.1, 0.0

Days gained: 7
    Days lost: 11
    Days unchanged: 2

You can see, I am all over the place. I just use some math to smooth things out to better show the direction and slope my weight is taking. Of the 20 days, I am only showing a loss for half of them. And the loss isn't always big.
  • sparacka
    Options
    Feeling impatient over here (since I had a good week!)...am I allowed to start a new thread for week 3?
  • Figaver
    Options
    Sorry! Still feeding the kids. I"ll start a new thread within the hour when I can get upstairs to my computer. It's so much easier than trying to do it on my iPad. Glad to hear you had a great week :)
  • sparacka
    Options
    I know that the kidlets always come first! I'll check back at lunchtime.
    S :-)