Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This group doesn't look all that active but I decided to join anyways.

I'm a new brown coat, but no less devoted. After a friend recommended the show to me, and I saw the blu ray set on sale at best buy, I watched the whole show in a day or two and was instantly hooked. I love everything about it. I then watched Serenity and sort of wish that I hadn't.

Other than that...
    my name is Marissa. I'm 22 years old, generally nerdy and would love to meet some new people!
  • sharondalulu
    Options
    I was pleased to be seeing a group dedicated to fellow Browncoats. It's a given I'm a huge fan, but I'm also a huge fan of all things Joss Whedon. :)
  • runningsmo
    runningsmo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Browncoats! I'm Symone, newish to actually participating on the site, hoping to make new friends and geek out in general. I'm into almost all needle craft, Who, Sherlock, the written word, zumba, theatre, table top RPGs, volunteering, and I may or may not have a crush on Excel. It's sad, but true. Stay shiny folks!
  • SunnysideHMC
    SunnysideHMC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nín hǎo. I'm Hannah but you can call me Sunnyside. I've been a Browncoat since that very first episode, The Train Job. Haven't been to any shindigs but sure would like to go some day.
  • Winnychan
    Winnychan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Browncoats! I'm Symone, newish to actually participating on the site, hoping to make new friends and geek out in general. I'm into almost all needle craft, Who, Sherlock, the written word, zumba, theatre, table top RPGs, volunteering, and I may or may not have a crush on Excel. It's sad, but true. Stay shiny folks!

Well I don't know anything about needlecraft or zumba, but in general you sound like my kinda person. :D
  • Winnychan
    Winnychan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm Whitney, 34 years young, and I live in Gahanna, Ohio (which is a suburb of Columbus).. I'm a super nerd who works in IT for a health care system. I have a great husband who also works in IT, a very musical 2 year old son, and a 14-year-old Lab/Shepherd mutt named Gaz who is possibly immortal.

I'm actually pretty artsy when I'm not elbow deep in computer guts. I love acrylic painting, sketching in charcoal, I love creative writing but have trouble finishing the stories I start, and once in a blue moon I write poetry.

I enjoy both board games and tabletop RPG. I have played D&D, Pathfinder, and White Wolf in the past but our group is currently focused on Shadowrun. I have been known to LARP on occasion and I like going to conventions, but mostly stick to local ones; since the little one's arrival, these types of activities are harder to attend.

Let's see, what else? I'm a voracious reader, and plow through approximately one audio book a week due to all the travel my job requires. My favorite authors are Jim Butcher and Robin Hobb. I have loved the Elfquest comics since I was a little girl. My other favorite TV shows are Avatar: the Last Airbender, Leverage, and Star Trek: the Next Generation. I'm currently working my way through Doctor Who and enjoying the heck out of it. But my favorite fandoms of all time are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and (obviously!) Firefly.
  • GibsonGirl0112
    GibsonGirl0112 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! *waves* I'm just going to go by Gibson Girl here, though feel free to shorten it as you wish. My husband and I watched Firefly on Netflix after EVERYONE we knew told us we had to watch it and we refused it tooth and nail. Finally we just sat down and did it just to make people stop already!

Well....we ended up LOVING IT we love it so much that well, we named our son Malcolm after the great Captain of the Serenity. <3 I don't know what we'll do if we have another boy....Hoban Washburn?! Jayne?! I guess we'll have to see! haha!!

Anyway, i'm 30 and am on the New Directions diet plan and really need to start logging my food better!!!

Glad to have found this group, can't wait to see what awesome things we can come up with! :)