Thursday, August 7th Check In

Options
RheneeB
RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
Good morning everyone - my workout this morning was Upper Body Transformer and my arms and shoulders are feeling it. The first couple times I did this specific workout I used 5 pound weights but ramped it up to 8 pounds. This will be the end of week 6 and I really thought I would have dropped at least 10 pounds but there has not been any significent weight loss. After a couple of weeks I had some loss in inches but haven't had any changes in that for at least 3 weeks. I can't help but get discouraged but in order to accomplish my goals I am going to have to just try different things until I find the right combination of food and excersize that my body will respond to.

I have carried this extra 4 poounds for 7 years now and sadlly, have spend 7 unsuccessful years of trying on and off to lose it. I never took it seriously enough to succeed but think I managed to destroy my metabolism. I had my annual physical 2 months ago and told my doctor that no matter what I tried, I couldn't lose this weight. I will lose 4 or 5 pounds but by the next week will be right back up. All of my blood work came back normal so it isn't my thyroid, which I was almost hoping it was so I could at least know there was a specific reason for my body to hold onto this weight.

The workout program I am doing consist of 30 second intervals of using weights and cardio. I am thinking that maybe during those cardio sessions my heart rate goes up to where it needs but isnt being maintained long enough to get my body in a fat burning mode. So I have decided, even though I made a huge commitment to myself to finish the program, to just finish out this week and move forward with T25 that is pure cardio. I have to also commit to myself to eat good all of the time and make sure I am eating foods that offer more nutrients....stop just thinking about calories and focusing on where the calories are coming from. I hate eating breakfast but this morning forced myself to eat a scrambled egg with sauteed onions and peppers. I seem to run out of time in the mornings to fix breakfast so I got up 15 minutes early, fixed the omelet and then ate it about 20 minutes after I worked out.

"Every morning that you wake up is another chance to get it right!"

Replies

• RheneeB
    Options
    Extra 40 pounds - I wish I were only carrying an extra 4!!:sad:
  • Maryann408
    Options
    I know what you mean! I was texting to my step daughter that this damned *3* pounds was killing me - when of course I meant 30 :huh:
  • RheneeB
    Options
    Well hopefully the day will come when we will be complaining about those last 3 and 4 pounds that won't budge!! :laugh: