Reset! Go!

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
Hey guys - After what amounted to a one-year break and 10 pounds gained, I'm resetting Aug. 1 with the goal of finishing what I started -- 22 more pounds by Jan. 1, 2015. Who wants to join me? Chime in here and send me a friend request. Let's get this thing done!!!

Replies

• karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Moment of truth today: I've gained back all but 5 pounds of my original loss. No more denial. (Let's just say I no longer look anything like my profile picture from March 2013.) Now 20 pounds overweight. Reversing this trend starting today.
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    I'm with you, Karin!
  • TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I am in!
  • mcusumano95
    mcusumano95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in as well. I have gained back my weight (13 plus pounds) as well and my cholesterol is over 300. Not good! This is more than just losing weight, it is about lowering the cholesterol. I definitely need the support!
  • GloriaAnn72
    GloriaAnn72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am back as well. One day at a time, this has been my life and I really want to change once and for all.
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Welcome back, Gloria Ann!
  • slimhabit
    Options
    Count me in. I am back for a fresh start.
  • christinecsaucier
    christinecsaucier Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm back too! gained back 10 of the original 15 I lost :(, but I'm a work in progress! Also will be sending friend requests!
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Fantastic! Welcome back!
  • LifeofJanine
    LifeofJanine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am SO with all of you!

This weekend's goal is to make good choices, and track my food REGARDLESS of how far over I go. That's the one new habit that I know will help me.

Looking forward to meeting goals with all of you :)
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in….I lost weight, looked great, now I look like my "before" pic. Started workouts a few weeks ago, getting the food under control, let's do this!
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I have 50+ pounds to lose. This is getting harder and harder the older I get. I would love to finally do this the healthy way.
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in, although I ideally want to lose about 20lb I am more interested in eating well and starting an exercise programme I can stick to. My health is my first priority though I would love to look more 'toned' and lose my belly.
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm glad I'm not the only one starting over. About 8 years ago I lost 125lbs and over the last 3 years have put back on 50. It IS harder after 40!!! When I first joined MFP last year I didn't take advantage of any of the community support, didn't even read threads. This time, I'm all over it and it really helps. Anyone here is welcome to friend me! :flowerforyou:
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just got back on the program three weeks ago. Fell off the wagon 18 months ago when back surgery sidelined me from all activities except indulging on too much food and wine! Went right back to my starting weight and had to dig out my old, fat pants. Really sick of this yo you stuff. Not good for our old bones OR egos, right? Resetting my goal to something more maintainable, after all, thin doesn't look so good on this aging face. Let get and STAY healthy!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Count me as recommitting too! It seems like I've been trying to lose "the final 10" forEVER! Those ten never far away. Carbs are my biggest issue -- they go with mindless munching. I turned 50 in Jan, had my thryoid removed in Feb, peri-menopausal this year and don't want these to be my excuses for not getting to my goal of 138.
  • kpush910
    kpush910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm 49, 2 college age kids, I work full time. After seeing the weight creep up for the past several months - time to refocus! Logging does keep me on track, but I just got to the point where I assumed I knew how much I was consuming, but it's those extra 200-300 calories that just add up. Both my kids are off at college now and I reclaimed a part of the finished basement and turned it into my workout room - collected all the random equipment, dumbells, balance balls, DVD's, yoga mats, etc - and BOOM I have a great space that's all my own to use. I do a lot of outdoor cardio & boot camp stuff during the nicer months, but here in Chicago its only a matter of time before it's too dark and/or cold to work out outside.
    I can never stick to a diet that includes chicken breast, salad and lemon water. Yuk. Life it too short to eat bad food. I'm "mostly" vegetarian, and really enjoy having a glass of wine at the end of the day.
    Looking for friends who live a healthy balance, would like to lose "that last 10 lbs" and can share good healthy, flavorful recipes.
    Kristen
  • labruzzo
    labruzzo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I want to lose 20 pounds by December. I was re-organizing my closet. I have about a dozen beautiful pairs of pants that I cannot squeeze myself into (and I tried). I'm going out of town for a few days on business. I'll be eating every meal out, which makes staying on track so much harder. Wish me luck!
  • foodfriendbmore
    Options
    Why not! I'm taking it one step at a time. Yesterday, I logged 10k steps
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Reset ladies--how is it going?

I started my reset 7 weeks ago on August 1. Here is what I've accomplished since then:

*2 Phases (of 3) of Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution program. Modifying the program this time around by doing the strength workouts only 3 days per week (instead of 4) and adding in 1-2 days of yoga or yoga fusion workouts. I feel much less tight or sore with more recovery time.

*500 miles of bike riding in August (a lifetime personal best--including my youth/childhood--for miles ridden in a month!)
    *236 miles (so far) of riding in September

*Ate under my calorie goal 45 out of 49 days. The days I went over were spectacular binge days. But I went right back to my plan the next day every time. They may have slowed my progress down a little but, but as you can see, they didn't stop me!

So far, I have lost:

*12 pounds
    *3.8 body fat percentage points
    *0.4" on my neck
    *2.5" on bust
    *1.5" on rib cage
    *2.9" on waist
    *2.5" on belly
    *1.7" on hips
    *1.1" on each thigh

It is possible to change long-term bad habits at any age, if you want it enough! Thanks to Alice for helping me jump-start my motivation to make a new start. My goal: to be back to my profile picture size/weight before my 50th birthday. That's 10 or so more pounds in 14 weeks and change. I want to take a 50th birthday "this is what 50 looks like" selfie looking fabulous!