Starting C25K Monday 8/11

Options
Hello! Is anyone else just starting out?

Replies

• bzmom3
    bzmom3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I started day before yesterday. I almost finished the first day's running part but had to skip the last 2-3. The next day I just walked 1.7 miles and thought I was going to die (I didn't eat enough carbs that morning).

I'll be out later in the day when it's cooler to work on Day 1 again today.
    Good luck! Keep me updated!
  • ahilleary14
    Options
    Great! I'll be mostly doing mine on the treadmill once it gets moved out to the garage. We just moved and I'm not familiar with the neighborhood and don't have a running partner so I'm not 100% comfortable running outside yet. I've done the first week or two before but it's been a long time so I'm starting over. Nutrition is key and I need to work on mine!!! I'll add you as a friend if that's ok to keep in touch more
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you. Getting started is the hardest part of the program. You can do this.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am on the first week for the second time. I had started and when I did the second week I feltiI was not performing well so I started over. Feel free to add me!
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just finished W1W2 - so I pretty much just started.

But this is my second time - finished C25k in 2011 with fantastic results!
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    Don't tell anyone but I'm actually doing Ease Into 5K, because I liked the program setup better, but I just started today!
  • ahilleary14
    Options
    Don't tell anyone but I'm actually doing Ease Into 5K, because I liked the program setup better, but I just started today!

Haha I think that's close enough! What is the difference?

My treadmill is still sitting in the garage and hubby goes back to work tomorrow for two weeks. Hopefully it will be moved today so I can use it! Otherwise I might have to find a safe path in my neighborhood :/ I'd love to run outside since it is more like a real 5 K and that's what I'm training for, I just have to stop watching criminal minds and shows like that and not be so paranoid.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options

Haha I think that's close enough! What is the difference?

Couch to 5K has a pretty serious jump around week 5 I believe, and ease into 5K seemed like more of a ramp rather than a cliff. Also Ease into 5k is eight weeks, which normally wouldn't mean anything but I'd like to run in a Color Run in October which is... eight weeks away.

For a really serious breakdown, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/samdavis88/view/ease-into-5k-vs-couch-to-5k-681652
  • ahilleary14
    Options
    Wow you're right ease into 5K seems better, I just downloaded the app. Thanks!
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Couch to 5K has a pretty serious jump around week 5 I believe, and ease into 5K seemed like more of a ramp rather than a cliff. Also Ease into 5k is eight weeks, which normally wouldn't mean anything but I'd like to run in a Color Run in October which is... eight weeks away.

For a really serious breakdown, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/samdavis88/view/ease-into-5k-vs-couch-to-5k-681652

Isn't the Color Run in October at the Pomona fair grounds? You must be a local in my area! LA County, CA. Or is it a different Color Run somewhere across the country? I really want to try it, but I have some asthma issues. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, I don't even have an inhaler. But what really exacerbates it is a lot of dust or fine particulates in the air, so I'm not sure the Color Run is the best for me.

I'm also starting the C25K program today! I already signed up for my first 5k in September, which is about 5 weeks away. I know C25K is an 8 week program, I would have started three weeks ago but I ended up spraining my ankle really bad and needed to take the time to heal and ease back into walking, let alone running. Most of my September 5k will be walking anyway, I'm going with my mom who doesn't run.
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I started last week and I'm doing Week 2 day 1 this afternoon! I never thought I would be someone that would want to run, but after 3 days, I have the bug. I just can't wait for this afternoon to get here!
  • geniabeana31
    geniabeana31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting today too!!!! Good luck to us all!
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Does it count if my dog is also starting the c25k today? :D

It's funny, I got her from the pound a few years back, and she's always been extremely excitable and whines almost constantly if anyone puts a leash on her or takes her on a car ride. Since I've been walking her for the last few weeks, she hardly every whines now! I guess that old adage is true:

If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise!
  • ahilleary14
    Options
    Today I did P90X3 Yoga, and first day of ease into 5K along with 15 min weights. Feels pretty good!
  • klj7687
    klj7687 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started today as well! I've done C25K before, only finished one time though. I need to sign up for a 5K to motivate me!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Redoing this program again after an injury! Happy Running everyone. Starting week 4 tomorrow
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options

Isn't the Color Run in October at the Pomona fair grounds? You must be a local in my area! LA County, CA. Or is it a different Color Run somewhere across the country? I really want to try it, but I have some asthma issues. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, I don't even have an inhaler. But what really exacerbates it is a lot of dust or fine particulates in the air, so I'm not sure the Color Run is the best for me.

It's actually a different color run, in Providence, RI! Boston doesn't have one this year, although there is allegedly one in the works for 2015, so I decided I'd abuse my friend's hospitality and run it!

And yeah if you have asthma exacerbated my particles, flying cornstarch while running is probably not the best bet. But that have tons of other untimed "fun" five Ks, like the Zombie Run and Chicago has one coming up that's at night with glow sticks :)
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The providence, is the one I was looking at, good luck to you!

It's actually a different color run, in Providence, RI! Boston doesn't have one this year, although there is allegedly one in the works for 2015, so I decided I'd abuse my friend's hospitality and run it!

And yeah if you have asthma exacerbated my particles, flying cornstarch while running is probably not the best bet. But that have tons of other untimed "fun" five Ks, like the Zombie Run and Chicago has one coming up that's at night with glow sticks :)
  • smiles430
    smiles430 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow 8/18. Only a week behind you. I used to run daily than stopped for a long time for no real reason. I'm finally going to get back into it and hope this app will help me ease into it rather then assume I can run just like I used to (which I know I can't hahaha).