Day 20, August 8

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hello lovelies!
I'm just starting my day--at noon!--after staying up all night to watch the JAWS marathon, LOL.

Welcome to the new members--please jump right in! We're an awesome and friendly bunch. When I'm not on my phone, I'll post a longer message about the challenges. In the meantime, the daily thread is just a place to gab and offer or ask for support.
Karen

Replies

• blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Gooood morning/afternoon!

Its already a long day for me. I have been up since 5am because I had to cook 3 dozen eggs this morning for a fundraiser at work and then come in and work it. Still have the rest of the day to go. I didn't pack or bring lunch or snacks because I am already starting the day off with 640 cals gone due to last night/ this mornings binge. If I could just make it through the night without having to carry my calories over I might actually get somewhere. I plan on a workout tonight to help a little. Not going to dp the thing in the park. It is just too hot to be outside unless you are in water. Over 100 for the next week, no end in sight. Its August tho, so we she be happy the whole summer hasn't been 100 plus down here.

Lake trip tomorrow so I am really excited about that. Other than that just sitting here putting in my tile counting down thw hours until I can go have some fun. Scale moved a bit despite the binge so I am thinking being out in the heat last night is what helped. I did dribk about 150oz of water too.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Haha. Typos. Putting in time, not tile. Oh and you want to hear something gross? I didnt get much sleep last night or wash off my makeup so when I got up I pretty much looked like I did last night so I took a shower but judt reapplied my.make up and didnt even have to redo my hair. Bonus for apparently sleeping like the dead.
  • blondageh
    Options
    PSS....Humidity sucks!
    Weather Service
    TRAVIS:

...HIGH AFTERNOON HEAT INDEX VALUES ACROSS PORTIONS OFSOUTH-CENTRAL TEXAS ...

THE COMBINATION OF WARM TEMPERATURES AND HIGH DEW POINTS WILLPRODUCE DANGEROUS HEAT INDEX VALUES TODAY THROUGH THE WEEKENDACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTH-CENTRAL TEXAS ...ALONG AND EAST OFINTERSTATE 35. AFTERNOON HEAT INDEX VALUES WILL TOP OUT BETWEEN103 TO 107 DEGREES IN MANY LOCATIONS. ACROSS LAVACA ...DEWITT ...KARNES ...WILSON AND GONZALES COUNTIES AFTERNOON HEAT INDEX VALUESCOULD REACH 108 TO 110 DEGREES.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Heather,

And here I was thinking you worked in a tile factory. Perhaps at a cubical, counting tiles.

Had a good weigh in this morning. Down 6 pounds wich is the most for a while now. I have a feeling it was the Sunday bike ride and not eating a lot that day, plus yesterday I didn't eat a lot but drank god knows how much water. So I imagine it's a bit of a fluke (since I track all my numbers and the math doesn't work out for 6lbs of loss) but I'll happily take the fluke. I jumped off the scale once I saw the number, too afraid it would change on me.

No bike ride yesterday. My enthusiasm wasn't their and I really wanted to get to some client work I was putting off. It's similar today though I am in a better mood. I'll work through the day and then take a smaller bike ride in the evening. But unlike yesterday, I am looking forward to my bike ride. Have the itch and need to scratch. Though i wish I had others to ride with, at least in town. I have a group ride next weekend but I will have to ride 24 miles just to meet up with them. Their is a group in town but my speed isn' good enough to keep up with them yet and I still suck at hills.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Hi again, gang. So I'm thinking we ought to keep the library mini-challenge going. We have four more weeks of the 50-50, so how about earning one point each week for posting an article? I'm a complete reading geek, so this has been such a great mini-challenge for me.

I'd also llike to do a "bang for the buck" mini-challenge in the recipe thread. Between now and next Friday, cook and post the recipe for a food or meal that gives a lot of bang for the buck--low calorie, low bad-fat, high nutrients. When I cooked roasted cauliflower the other day and then logged it, I realized just how few calories the dish had but how filling it was and delicious and good for me. Then I saw a recipe for roasting the entire head of cauliflower in one piece after marinating it I, Greek yogurt with cumin and curry and other spices. Doesn't that sound good? So while I'm waiting for my stomach to get surgically reduced to the size of a thimble, I can play with some of these new recipes.

1 point for posting a recipe. 2 more l points if you actually make and eat it.

Last night while staying up all night with the great white sharks, I did a little snacking, but I stuck to Bing cherries and yogurt. Holy cow! I can't believe I didn't go for the junk that Jim brought into the house. I actually cut up some cherries and put them in my cherry yogurt. Soooooo good. This is a HUGE victory for me, because night eating has been my struggle for decades. Wow... maybe I'm fixing what's broken.

How are you all doing today?

K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oh,Yay, while I was typing, Heather and Pat, you guys checked in. Heather, I am so sorry that you are facing that heat wave, especially with all the tile you need to put in. That's hot work, bwahahahahahah!

Pat, I hear you on the ride. For the long stuff, you just need that enthusiasm. Like you, though, I'm trying to get a short workout every day, regardless of how much of a mood I'm in.

Congrats to both of you on the weight loss! Another step closer to good health! Lately I've been thinking a lot about how it will feel to be 100 pounds thinner, and then 200 pounds thinner, and I am so excited!!!
    K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! You guys are doing so wonderful with the weight loss and/or exercising!! I was off today....still hot outside.....around 112 F, and the wind was bad with the sand blowing across the streets. Went to the supermarket to get my veggies. Have been working on the computer for work today. Pat...how do you prevent your wrist from hurting from using the 'mouse' so often. I am copying and pasting and my wrist/back of my right hand is painful!!

I like the recipe challenge Karen.... I may experiment with Hummus. I won't use the dried chick peas coz I don't soak beans/peas...but I will used canned or those in a jar, tahina, lemon, garlic etc.

Will try and read a healthy article....in between reading my stuff for work!! Swamped!!

Folks, have a great day!! Catch up with you tomoro!!

Nancy
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi catladyksa,

What sort of mouse are you using? I switch to one that better supports my hand and that helped a lot (a logitech with programable buttons). I also do hand exercises every hour if my wrists start hurting.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Heather and Pat, congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome!

With some of you posting about the ridiculous weather I am quite grateful for the random lower temperatures we are having. Normally it would be in at the least the upper nineties, but today it is a nice and comfortable 82.

Karen, I like the idea of keeping up the article mini challenge. It has been quite interesting to read what everyone has found. I also like the healthy recipe idea. I will have to find some randomly delicious and healthy dish. Also, good job on the snacking choices! That is one of the more difficult things to do.

Tonight I am going to a demolition derby and I am pretty excited. They are always fun and my friends and I dress up like rednecks when we go (fake mustaches and everything). Tomorrow we are going to the roller derby (I guess it is a derby filled weekend for me). If you haven't gone to one I would recommend it. They are surprisingly fun to attend.
  • KarenZen
    Options

Tonight I am going to a demolition derby and I am pretty excited. They are always fun and my friends and I dress up like rednecks when we go (fake mustaches and everything). Tomorrow we are going to the roller derby (I guess it is a derby filled weekend for me). If you haven't gone to one I would recommend it. They are surprisingly fun to attend.

Zac... you crack me up... you just throw out there, "oh yah, putting on my fake mustache to go to the derby with my friends" like that's just an ordinary day....bwahahahahahahah! You totally need to write your memoirs.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I guess wearing fake mustaches is a normal thing when you have plateaued at the maturity level of a seven year old haha. I do write on a blog (occasionally), but I doubt it is entertaining to anyone but myself.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Oh oh...i have a great recipe I tried out this week. Best thing Ive made in a long time...maybe ever.
  • blondageh
    Options
    I might as well be counting tiles...I have fallen asleep at my desk every day this week. Just sitting up, you know, your eyes get heavy. Next thing I know, I am jerking my head awake. It MAY be time to slow down the social life a little, but it is so hard. This summer has been the most fun I've had in years.

I am going to try to sneak out now since I came in early for the Fundraiser. Woo hoo! LET THE WEEKEND BEGIN!!

(Which also means I probably won't be on here much, but I will try!!)