Working Night Shifts

Options
dterlau
dterlau Posts: 4 Member
Just want to introduce myself. 51 years old, RN, working three 12 hour night shifts a week starting a new journey, signed up for MFP a while ago and bought a fitbit, hoping to truly take getting healthy seriously now and get started so I feel healthier by summer

Replies

• Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Louise from England,also an RN. I work full time but not nights thankfully! When my kids were growing up I worked 2 nights a week but have worked days only for a lot of years now.How do you like your fitbit? I've had mine a few weeks now and think its incredibly motivating.I bought my daughter one as well so we can compete against oneanother ! Send me a friend request if you like.:smile:
  • dterlau
    Options
    Nice to meet you Louise. I love the fitbit and hope it will motivate me to get up and get moving. I will send you a friend request I just have to figure out how to do that since this is the first that I am starting to use all the features of MFP. Just curious what type of nursing you do. I am currently working in a physician owned surgical hospital. I have worked in large hospitals in the past and also been in management. Right now I am just enjoying shift work. Punch in, Punch out and leave it at the door. With three shifts a week it's so nice to have days off to myself. Thanks for your response to my introduction and have a fabulous weekend!!!!!
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    Hi again! I'm glad you like the fitbit,I've never been as active since I got mine cos I keep trying to match or improve on the:laugh: :laugh: previous days numbers.i'm going to have to slow down,seriously.How are you finding MFP? Since joining,I have been amazed with myself because every day I just keep finding it easy to carry on logging .As a result I've lost 10 lbs.And believe me when I say that is a minor miracle because I have the attention span of a toddler! For the first time in my life I can see that I can succeed at this weight loss thingy! Have you been a yoyo dieter like me? I think I must have tried a hundred diets and failed at every one of them.
    In answer to your question,I work in a Day Surgery Unit at our local hospital.I work full time days from 07.30- 21.0hrs.Our procedures vary a lot,from cholecystectomies to hernia repairs,bunion surgery,dental extractions,plastic surgery,and eye surgery.etc.I've been on the same ward since 1993! so I must like it. Let me know each time you lose a bit of you and I promise to make a big fuss and cheer you along! ( and if the scales go in the wrong direction we can do a bit of 'ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS' and hopefully stop it happening again!) :laugh:
  • dterlau
    Options
    Yay, I finished my log in for Friday the 22nd. Pretty pleased about that since I am the big procrastinator. I have three friends on MFP, I have my fitbit on and I have started logging my food for today so things are looking good. Hope things are going well for you.
  • MarsaHerod
    Options
    I'm an LPN from Georgia. I am now retired due to disc problems but I worked the night shift for the last 10 years I worked.
  • dterlau
    Options
    I love working nights, my body likes nights it is perfect for me however I am having a tough time watching what I eat and I do a lot of impulse eating at night. Working on it.
  • ageage22
    ageage22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm RN from Chicago, I work on Progressive Care Unit. This is my second profession, but I have over 6 years over my belt...
    Feel free to join me and add me as a friend. :)