So...where is everybody????

Options
Becre8tive
Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
I have been a good old girl, but not by choice. My beloved wine or any other alcoholic beverages have been a "No No' since 2 weeks, because of the medications I had to take.

All this time I thought my habit of drinking a glass of wine might be more than just a habit and it scared me a little bit to think about it. Maybe because I just gave up smoking a few months ago and it wasn't always a walk in the park (that's an understatement).

Interesting enough not drinking alcohol in the evenings doesn't bother me a bit. It's no big deal and even the "News" that I might be for another 4-6 weeks on meds didn't bother me at all.

When I gave up smoking I was able to tell EVERYBODY the exact date when I quit. It was a reason to celebrate and it took a lot of willpower to stay quit -at first.

Not drinking is nothing to me and I guess that's good news :-)

Not sure if we should continue this group or not. HELLOOOO anybody here???

Replies

• ItsRobyn66
    ItsRobyn66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I quit smoking 12 years ago, I also quit drinking at the same time. Because I always enjoyed a cigarette with my Corona Light, I was worried I would associate the two and due to defenses being weaker from the beer, I thought I might give in to smoking again (never did). I'm happy for you that you've quit smoking. I have never looked back after I quit. It feels great to be in control and know that you're doing something great for your health.

Now wine, that's another story. After I joined this group, I decided that I enjoy my wine and I'm not willing to give it up. Living in California, I enjoy wine tasting, visiting the wine growing regions, etc.

I just incorporate it into my caloric intake for the day. I have found that I'm eating much healthier foods now. The healthier the food, the more you get of it. . .I like that. Some evenings I drink more than I "probably should" and there will be a few days in a row that I don't have any wine at all. Just depends on my mood.

So with all that said, I will be leaving the group. Best wishes!
  • phillyb2013
    phillyb2013 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    No need to leave...we all sometimes do drink during the week and sometimes not...moderation is the key...so if you like to stay please do :-)
  • mykizmom
    mykizmom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey been MIA for a while, I have been doing well with not drinking for the most part doing the week. I want to enjoy my wine and I find myself enjoying it more when I have it on weekends only. It's a great thing to know that I don't have a drinking problem which when I started this group I thought. So it's been really nuce having you guys to reach out to. I am here for the long term. Have a great weekend. :drinker: