Looking for Sleeve Friends

Options
2»

Replies

• jimnholli
    jimnholli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Holli and getting sleeved Aug. 26th. I start my liquid diet this Tuesday. I did Optifast in January of this year for a couple of months so I guess I can do this too. I lost 37 pounds on Optifast, gained 12 back, but have maintained 25 pounds! I am so looking forward to having a tool to help me maintain for the rest of my life. Looking forward to making new friends.
  • tcdouglas
    tcdouglas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for tomorrow (8/11/14)... more excited than nervous but really wondering what the first couple of weeks will be like?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for tomorrow (8/11/14)... more excited than nervous but really wondering what the first couple of weeks will be like?
    Good luck tomorrow. Wish I could tell you what it will be like. Everyone responds so differently. Many people say it is like a combination of childbirth and gallbladder surgery. All I can say is as soon as they clear you to walk start walking. Walking, sipping and I highly recommend prayer. You will likely feel like "what have I done?!" But prayer to accept the process really helped me. You will likely tire easily the first 3 wks and be ready for bed by 6-7. You will have to force yourself to take the protein shakes-and I mean force. Don't worry about the scale much, you often leave hospital so loaded with saline that you don't lose much wt even tho you aren't eating. Just follow your surgeons guidelines and you will do great.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Holli & TCDouglas. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Please keep us posted on how you are doing when you are up to it. :smile: