Demolish Your Goals: Monday 8/11

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
1/3 through August!!

How was last week's goals?
Did you make home made meals
Any successes or challenges?

What specific goals do you have for this week?

And how's Monday going??

0a5a7590-1808-4d53-9a1d-15bad089042a_zps692b50c1.jpg

Replies

• riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I got a fit bit last monday and I LOVE it. I have stuck to my goals every day :) It's given me a better idea of where I am with calories burned and so I've found eating/exercising super intuitive. I've lost 3/4 lb :) I fit into the skirt in my profile pic and went out last night and felt so sexy haha.

Challenge: I'm having kind of a bad week w being sick, off to the dr again tomorrow, but I'm feeling inspired and happy anyway! Hopefully when I start a new medicine approach I'll start feeling better. Fornow, super low energy, have not been able to be out of bed for more than 20 mins at a time.

Susan Powter is NUTSO, btw. She is hilarious:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgUp8-1usc
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Riirii93 - Sending positive thoughts your way - Feel better!

I can't believe it's August, though in my head it's already near September. We are working more at work than normal and just got informed we are going to work even more (50-70hours/week - ugh). I use to do 70-80 but I switched jobs because I had no life that way... Hopefully we won't get up to 80 hours / week.

Last week, I was good Monday - Thursday, Not soo good over the weekend due to traveling, reunions, and weddings. My success would be thinking about what I'm eating and writing it here even if I'm not 100% tracking it, challenge is being tired.

I did cook 4 meals at home last week - and I personally cooked them, not just ate a home cooked meal. :)

This week I am going to
    - weigh and measure myself Wednesday or Tomorrow morning.
    - track every day
    - be in bed by 9:30pm
    - Post my daily water oz's here

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'll check back in later for my food and water!
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Last week I did yoga Monday through Thursday. I got my run in on Wednesday but not Friday. I tracked every day and got my water in. I made three home meals so I didn't quite make it to four. I feel pretty good about what I accomplished and I'm starting to feel slimmer.

For this week I'm going to continue working on doing yoga every day M-F, run on Tuesday and Thursday, work on 10,000 steps per day and 64 oz of water. I am also going to continue tracking.

Today is going good so far. I feel a little tired from the weekend and I'm having a hard time getting motivated. 3/4 of the way through my first 20 oz bottle. I actually made a pitcher of passion tea last night so I can use it in place of my water. Breakfast was an evol breakfast burrito and a pear, lunch is an evol meal and dinner is unplanned.

I missed taking my meds yesterday since I was so busy. I'm on a diuretic so of course I am peeing like crazy since I took it.

I hope everyone has a great week! :flowerforyou:
  • liferunner259
    Options
    Last week's goal was to increase days of exercise. I didn't run more but I did walk the dogs almost every day. On the Garmin site, there's a challenge to get the most steps, I think I crushed that challenge. Finished first. Really haven't been able to put a whole lot of effort into running. My hot flashes have become a bit more intense at night, to the point where they wake me up. The weather here has been pretty warm even at night, so that keeps me from being able to go back to sleep. Hopefully, when the cooler fall weather rolls around, I'll be able to go back to sleep if one wakes me at night. Food choices this weekend were bad, so I can almost guarantee a weight gain - UGH!!!!
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had waaaaay too much going on last week with me being in vacation and helping my parents move. That said I didn't set any goals last week. This week goal is to cook 5 days this week and workout 4 days. I keep setting this goal because I have yet to accoomplish it! Good luck ladies!!!!! Let's do this!!!!
  • whitneyh83
    whitneyh83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Last week I was on vacation and didn't post but I was able to keep my weight the same. Now back to logging. I have a little bit of a longer goal, I have a wedding in 6 weeks that I'm going to, I want to lose at least 6 pounds and hopefully 10. I'm going to really track calories carefully and hit the workouts hard.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I woke up with a cold bug. I have sinus issues going on right now. I cannot smell or taste my food, so my appetite is not there. If you see only a few bowls of soup and fruit don't think I am trying to starve, I just don't have an appetite right now.

Goals: this week the goal is to go buy a food scale so I can accurately weigh my portions. Also to continue with my low carb high protein diet.

Exercise: keep up my cardio and weightlifting routine...more core work and stretching

Monday is ughhh. I cannot breathe or smell and have to force myself to eat. My nose will not stop running or sneezing!
  • journey_4_ashley
    journey_4_ashley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Evening Everyone!

Last weeks goals...I made 3 meals. I had so many leftover I didn't need to make meal #4. I did track every day which I haven't done in a very long time. I didn't track every meal but it was progress. I'm trying again this week. My challenges were going out for a birthday dinner for a friend and an overdue girls night. I also struggled with motivation to exercise toward the end of the week which is unlike me.

This weeks goals...track daily, don't bail on my already planned workouts, only one cheat meal :)

Monday has been good...worked out and stayed on track minus the birthday cake at lunch. I had two salads today which is really rare...woohoo victory!

Have a good week everyone!
  • Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed with everyone's progress, adjustments and goals for the week. I felt so lost not having any goals last week, so I definitely wanted to think ahead for the upcoming week.

My fitness goals are to go to Orange Theory classes Tuesday and Sunday, have our trainer come on Wednesday and go to the gym for a 30-minute fat burning zone cardio workout on Friday.

In terms of eating, I will stay as close to 1,300 calories/day as possible with my protein intake being 40% of those calories. I have just discovered Quest protein bars and Optimum Nutrition protein powder, so I may make that goal!

I have a crazy busy week ahead - thankfully my fridge is stocked with a bunch of cooking from the weekend. Now I hope to eat it all before I'm bored of it.
  • Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love Martha Beck (life coach for Oprah) who says if you keep missing a goal, it means it's too high for the time being. Break it down into smaller increments & you will eventually get there. It's helped me a lot as someone who can get so ambitious that I get nothing done. :wink:
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1/3 through August!!

How was last week's goals?
    Did you make home made meals
    Any successes or challenges?

What specific goals do you have for this week?

And how's Monday going??

Last week's goals went well as far as diet and water. Still working on the exercise, although I got a few laps in at the pool over the weekend.

My sister-in-law cooked all weekend, so I really had to watch what I ate, since she's a great cook!

My challenge is to avoid stress eating while we try to get my Dad a little healthier, and figure out what to do when my brother and his wife leave and he's alone - not good.
    I was doing fairly decently this afternoon until the news broke that Robin Williams had taken his life. I have suffered from depression most of my life - he was the one who got me through rough spots and I adored him for it. I didn't really care much about calorie counting with this piece of news in my face.

My goal for this week is to get through it. Back to school inservice week, shaking off my sadness, and staying positive about my Dad's failing health. If I lose weight, it will be a plus.
  • mamamageno
    Options
    Last week wasn't great, but it could have been a lot worse. I'm pushing through the hard times and staying motivated. I didn't meet all of my goals, but I came pretty close. Overall, I increased my exercise, ate healthier, and lost weight.

This week will be challenging because I just started school. My goal is make it to the gym 3-4 times, log my meals in mfp EVERY DAY, and stay away from fast food and vending machines now that it's so convenient while going to school.

Good luck this week everyone!