Meet and Greet

Options

Replies

• Onugent01
    Onugent01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great group, looking forward to some good chats!
  • Onugent01
    Options
    Hi,I am Mariann,38 years old.... I just became an american citizen today.. Originally from Hungary- still love my little country too :)
    I work full time in the hospitality industry which I lloooovee!!! I have the 2 most beautiful kids in the whole wide world and they are also super smart ;) Have been married for 15 years... Been through alot..
    I have not been under size 16 since I was 25 ,I have not been under size 12 since I was 18 years old.. So my goal is to be size 8-10.. Then I will be super happy .. At least thats what I think... Well ,let's get this party started!!! Oh,Im super shy in real life,no facebook,like to keep my private life private,except sometimes life gets in the way and need to rant ...Here I come.skinnyme :)

Hi I'm same age as you, 3 kids, married 13 years, spent my twenties ranging from size 16 to 22 . Since my last child 4 years ago have been trying to get fit/lose weight. Over the past 2 years have lost a few pounds and finally can squeeze into a size 12 on a skinny day ???? looking forward to some interesting and entertaining chats in this group!
  • dswood2013
    dswood2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Debi and I am 54 years old... just got remarried last year, after 20 years of being divorced and raising three kids. And while my husband (he is a construction worker, what goes into him, shows up as muscle) fell in love with me while I was weighing 180 lbs... I decided after seeing pictures of us together this spring.. I needed to drop the weight! That and my Dr. has been after me to do this for years.... wont she be surprised! Thanks for starting this group... feel free to friend me.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  • xxval21xx
    xxval21xx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Valerie and i am younger than most of you but we still have all the same goals. Im 20 years old, currently bmi is standing at morbid obese and i have been working really hard this past month to bring it down to Obese class 2. That is my first goal, then my second is to reach 220lbs by my birthday in October and i just about have all the other goals set at each 30lbs to finally bring me down to 140. So a little about me, im 20 yrs old, no kids, living with my boyfriend and temporarily my little brother has come to live with us. I started my journey on here at 254.3 lbs with a bmi of 42.3 (Morbid Obese) and have been at this for 1 month, In that 1 month, I have lost 10.6lbs, currently sitting at 243.7lbs with a bmi of 40.55, Saturday is my weight in and i expect to have lost about 2.8lbs. I have been on here once before and i ended up just quitting after 2 months for lack of visual results but this time is different. My body and mind are in agreement and finally gonna lose this weight. Feel free to add me if youd like :)
  • jallysquared
    jallysquared Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Valerie and i am younger than most of you but we still have all the same goals. Im 20 years old, currently bmi is standing at morbid obese and i have been working really hard this past month to bring it down to Obese class 2. That is my first goal, then my second is to reach 220lbs by my birthday in October and i just about have all the other goals set at each 30lbs to finally bring me down to 140. So a little about me, im 20 yrs old, no kids, living with my boyfriend and temporarily my little brother has come to live with us. I started my journey on here at 254.3 lbs with a bmi of 42.3 (Morbid Obese) and have been at this for 1 month, In that 1 month, I have lost 10.6lbs, currently sitting at 243.7lbs with a bmi of 40.55, Saturday is my weight in and i expect to have lost about 2.8lbs. I have been on here once before and i ended up just quitting after 2 months for lack of visual results but this time is different. My body and mind are in agreement and finally gonna lose this weight. Feel free to add me if youd like :)

Wow!! Well done Valerie! 10 pounds in a month is fantastic!! :):)

you're well on your way to reaching your goals!
  • Onugent01
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a few days late joining the group - I hope thats ok with everyone!

I'm 28 and from Ireland. I've tried using MFP a few times, but find I am great for a few weeks, and then I fall off the wagon completely. I'm hoping that by being part of the group, I can stick to it this time! :):)

Welcome, I'm also in Ireland, here's to motivating each other ????
  • Onugent01
    Options
    Hello,

Congrats on the weight loss so far ????
  • LegendWarrior
    Options
    Hey there,
    I'm LegendWarrior (excuse the fake name) and I'm an Irish 18-year-old, with 0 kids and 0 husbands. I've been overweight since about the age of 10 and decided it was time I lost the baby fat and felt comfortable with my body xD So far, I've lost an amazing 18 pounds which I've only just become proud of after the realization of that number sunk in. I want to drop 17-20 pounds by Christmas as I rarely see my relatives and want to shock them :P I have never struggled with any kind of emotional eating, all that was wrong with me was that I was a self-confessed couch potato! Now I love my sports, such as basketball, swimming and gymnastics and I feel less self-conscious (and of course the added bonus that I can do a handstand)
  • juditdell
    Options
    Hi everyone:)

I am 34, mommy of 2.
    I work part time, but before I used to manage a travel agency. I decided that it was time to put my family and myself first, so I quit and now I have a less stressful part time position.
    I have gained over 50lbs since I met my husband, 13 years ago.
    So 13 years worth of stress-happiness-sadness-etc eating is what I am trying to lose now...
    I am excited to "meet" everyone, I will read all the introductions a bit later (I am sneaking on here at work...)
  • KrisN30
    KrisN30 Posts: 19
    Options
    gained 30 pounds recently so i just want my motivation back. this is a great starter goal for me. I love this sight and how supportive it is. I'm hoping to reach my goal weight and lose 100 lbs in all. I've lost 60 so far :)
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    I'm a college sophomore who has been steadily gaining ten pounds on the nose each year at her physical since 8th grade and finally hit the 200 mark. I'm looking to change that before I end up with diabetes, kidney problems, or high blood pressure like my dad's side of the family. Please feel free to add me :)
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Angie. I am a 34 year mother of 4. I have 3 boys ages 18, 15, and 12 and one daughter age 13. I have been married to the love of my life for 16 years. When I'm not carting my kids to every activity under the sun, I work as a special education ed tech.

Just like most people here on MFP, I have struggled with my weight for years. My highest weight was a couple of years ago at 180 and I didn't even realize I had got that big. I make it a point to workout every day, otherwise I feel sluggish and unmotivated to do anything. I LOVE cardio especially step aerobics! I have just taken up running and look forward to my weekend runs with my oldest son. I very much dislike (hate is a awfully strong word) strength training and I try to avoid it at all cost. I struggle to get 2 strength training sessions in during a week, I need some motivation there.

I log in to MFP every day and am always willing to add new friends. Feel free to add me. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Chocolatdee1203
    Options
    Hi All,

I am a 36 year old single mother of one. I started my journey back in February for what seemed like the100th time. I finally made a decision to get healthy and fit for myself and my son. Since then I have lost 36 lbs and with 24 more left to go to reach my goal. I still don't like to work out but I treat it like a job. You have to go to work to get paid so I have to workout to get paid in results. I know the journey is hard so I love being part of groups to offer support and get it cause I know how valuable it can be. So happy to meet you all and wish you the best of luck!!!
  • stjean5
    stjean5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

This looks like a great group and I am excited to be a part of it. My name is Lynne and I am 48. I have been married for 23 years and have 2 daughters in school still living at home. I guess I am on my 3rd career at this point. I have one more quarter left and will be out of school. I also volunteer for two legal aid organizations. After 30 some years in Florida my husband, 2 girls, 2 dogs, and cat moved to the Pacific Northwest. We absolutely love it out here. The weather is beautiful and I get the chance to spend a lot of time outdoors. My daughter and I have taken up hiking and have seen some amazing sights this summer.

Like a lot of you I have struggled with my weight for years. I have lost the same 40 lbs countless times. I would still like to lose 20 lbs so this is perfect timing :)
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 41, mom to two teenagers (14 and 16). I started my weight loss journey in March and have lost 40 lbs. I have about 30 more to go to get to my goal of a healthy BMI. I have been feeling a bit stagnant and would love more of a boost! I want to kick this weight off! I'm on a program called JumpstartMD, where I eat very low carb, moderate protein, and low calories. I go,in once a week for a weigh on, a check in with a counselor, and they take my blood pressure and offer an injection of some amino acids that are supposed to help with burning fat. I'm also taking phentermine, which is a appetite suppressant. For a while I was shy about telling people about that because I didn't want to get judged, but now I'm like, "ah, f$&@ it!" It's working right now and this is the first time I've had this much success with weight loss. I'm basically eating Paleo and feeling great! I don't think it will be hard to maintain my lifestyle because I feel so awesome. Feel free to friend me if you want to see my food diary.
  • superfitconball
    superfitconball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Connie. I just turned 33 and am looking to lose about 20 pounds by Christmas.
    I used to be fairly active (gym, half marathons, sports, yoga) but then my job turned insane and I ended up working 60 hour weeks and eating on the road all the time. I'm making changes in that and re-prioritizing my life and health.

To get in shape I'm starting a paleo diet, gym 2-3 times a week and a short run / walk with my dog 2-3 times a week. I've had trouble staying the course in the past and struggled to lose any weight in the past, so feel free to add me so we can encourage each other.

I look forward to getting to know some of you from this group and feeling great for Christmas.

Connie
  • Ebonessa
    Ebonessa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ebonessa, a 28 year old geek girl, living and working in London. I work for a mega-corporation and including commute, my work keeps me 12h out of the house every day. I am really into reading, writing, music, RPGs (not the grenades, the games!), being social, and slowly but steadily learning to love going to the gym again.

I know half of my excess weight is hormonal. When I lost my father right before puberty, I put on 13kg (nearly 30lbs) in one month. Without any difference in my lifestyle or eating habits. Ever since, I have had the worst time trying to keep a steady weight. I have gone from 280lbs to 132lbs and back up again 3-4 times, and my body is exhausted. I look at my old pictures and clothes, and I can't believe it is me. Unfortunately my metabolism is completely fried due to this and some other imbalances, but my doctor informed me they don't do anything about my case unless there's a pregnancy involved (!). So I am stuck trying to jump-start my system again. Let's see how that will go.

Feel free to add me, I'll do my best to be a good pal :)
  • desjham
    desjham Posts: 18
    Options
    I just graduated college and started working full time so my motivation is a combination of my time and no longer being as tempted by late night pizza orders when I am studying away! I'm pretty active here, and looking for friends! :)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ayla.
    I'm 5'4" 23 years old and I've been bouncing between 140 and 145 lbs for too long!
    My goal weight is 120, and I'd love to be 125 by the new year :)

I am vegan and love eating vegetables and fruits, but I eat sooooo much >__<
    I need to cut down on the drinking too.

I have a desk job (that I hate) but lead a fairly active life outside of work.
    I love to hula hoop, bike, garden, swim, yoga, belly dance~

Nice to meet you all!
  • kapease
    kapease Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Katie, and I need a motivation to make some minor changes that will stick with me as part of my lifestyle. I need to lose 60 lbs (more if possible). I have a tendency to start something all excited, then wane after 30 days or so, and put back on the 10 - 12 lbs I lost. I have been reading a lot about clean eating and paleo. I have a serious sugar and carb issue. I am waiting on some blood work results to see if there is any food allergy involved, so I can put in place a plan that works around that.
    I am 53 and live with my adult daughter and her 8-year-old twin boys (both of whom have some special needs). I work full time and take care of the boys in the evenings. It makes for a very busy and very tiring schedule. I try to hit the gym for strength (usually circuit) training 2 times a week and walk my dog almost every night.
    I am glad to be part of this group and enjoyed reading the introductions. I am so self-conscious about my weight and like how many of you are so open and just put it out there. I would like to get to that place. My doctor is the only one besides me who knows how much I weigh!