Member list

Options
Anyone been through the member list recently? It makes me sad to see all the red "haven't logged in's" for months..

Not that I can be negative about it because I've been there. Fallen off the wagon many times, but like the saying goes "it only matters how many times you pick yourself back up!"

Hope to see this group a little more active. I noticed there wasn't even an exercise challenge for August posted yet and it's already week one into it. Was hoping I could join in on one of those!

Anyways, I hope you're all having a fantastic Thursday!

Much love ;)

Replies

• shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You could always start an exercise challenge/accountability thread! I'd be up for checking in!

But my friends list has ended up the same way. I haven't unfriended anyone because I'm hoping they decided to come back, and sometimes I'll message them to say Hi.

It's hard to stay on the wagon, I think this is my 2nd time on MFP and I did Spark People (which is same concept) before, but this time I dove into the community with groups and friends and tried to be active on the message boards and I've noticed that that really keeps me focused/motivated. I've stuck with it at least twice as long and no end in sight, at least no end to being on MFP, I'm planning on ending my weightloss and maintaining :-)
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

It's hard to stay on the wagon, I think this is my 2nd time on MFP and I did Spark People (which is same concept) before, but this time I dove into the community with groups and friends and tried to be active on the message boards and I've noticed that that really keeps me focused/motivated. I've stuck with it at least twice as long and no end in sight, at least no end to being on MFP, I'm planning on ending my weightloss and maintaining :-)

I'm with you on this one, I knew if I would get in groups and start making friends it was going to help me. I have my bad days but a lot of them are good days. and one day I will see the scale say 299. I'm very close to this. this is my mini goal now.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have a personal challenge for August to participate in a group exercise at least once a week. I tend to isolate a lot which is not healthy nor supportive of my long term goals. Last week, I played miniature golf with some new friends (I totally suck at golf lol); this week, I plan to go hiking at a state park with a group. I'm still doing the 30 day shred, 10,000 steps daily and Curves 5 days a week but I need to also address my emotional needs to have any successful weight-loss.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I find I have been reading here and there, but not really posting.....since I have not really been checking in with anyone, I am not doing so well.....
  • jltheis7
    Options
    @unknown_sister: is there a way we can help you get back on track?

@everyone: I was part of a really encouraging group this spring. They had a theme for each day: each day, members posted on that days theme; they included a health related article, a healthy recipe, water intake that day, stats check-in, week's successes, and "rest" day. We could try something like that from August 15 to September 15. Share your topic ideas and we can narrow it down to 7 that reflect growth areas for all of us. Just an idea...
  • ANewChoice
    ANewChoice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am just getting back into MFP and I would love to find a way to be accountable daily to a group. I feel like this is just what I need to keep myself committed. I think those of us who are bigger lose motivation really easy because what is going to make this time different or thinking about how long it is going to take. But we really only have to do this journey one day at a time, right? One check in at a time, one encouraging word at a time :)
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @unknown_sister: is there a way we can help you get back on track?

@everyone: I was part of a really encouraging group this spring. They had a theme for each day: each day, members posted on that days theme; they included a health related article, a healthy recipe, water intake that day, stats check-in, week's successes, and "rest" day. We could try something like that from August 15 to September 15. Share your topic ideas and we can narrow it down to 7 that reflect growth areas for all of us. Just an idea...

I love those groups that do the daily check in's with themes and I think that's a great idea to get our group members involved again!

Here are a couple of ideas I can throw out of the top of my head:

-Motivational quote of the day
    -Weekly goal (maybe a Monday thing?)
    -Picture day (share some sweaty or progress pics with the group to keep us inspired and motivated? I know I love a little friendly competition!)
    -Name 3 things you're proud of doing this week (maybe a Sunday thing?)
    -Move it! Tell us what your workout routine is this week. Are you shaking it up or on a set routine?
    -Water war: Competitive fun game to see who can drink the most water on this day (I know this helps me keep on track!)
    -What motivates you? Maybe someone or something special happened to you in the week that made you push harder; tell us about it!

I know there's a heck of a lot more creative people out there than me! So, add your ideas and let's make this thing happen :))
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We could also have a Recipe day and maybe a Non-Scale Victory Day...
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options
    These are all really great ideas!! I would love to see a Monday "weekly goal" or a fave healthy recipe day or try something new day.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am loving the ideas on this thread.....I think just having an active group with active friends/members would help tons. I found the last time it really motivated me to work out more because I wanted to be able to post something lol

There are tons of great ideas here....maybe we should open a weekly thread instead of a monthly one? That way it would be easier to keep track of, and we could add a lot of the above ideas in each week?
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think these are all great ideas and I'd definitely participate as much as possible!
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Keep 'em coming, ladies! Only a few more days and we will start our weekly post <3 I'm stoked!
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Me too! So who is starting the weekly thread on August 15?
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Oo, this is exciting! I know if you checked a month ago my name would have been one of those red Has-not-checked-in names. I am back and jumping in full steam. I would love for the group to be more active.
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Me too! So who is starting the weekly thread on August 15?

You came up with the idea .. I vote you get first dibs! If you're not comfortable with organizing, I will be happy to admin :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Sounds great count me in!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Starting the week on a Friday is weird, lol

Just adding my two cents to say I think it would make more sense to start it on a Sunday or Monday.......
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Check the topic list; a weekly challenge was started. I'll start a thread 8/15/14 to get us interacting more using the ideas posted. And ANY day is a good day to start for me, especially with the start of the school year next week and all of the stressful changes as I readjust.