Strange Allergy

jakicooke
jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
a few years ago I was diagnosed with "Wheat Dependant Exercise Induced Anaphylaxis" which basically means that if I eat wheat/products containing wheat (not Gluten) and then exercise (which can be as simple as walking) then I get anaphylaxtic shock.

ive never found anyone else who suffers with this and wondered if anyone on here does and how do they manage as sometimes I find it incredibly difficult

Replies

• plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    So if you eat a sandwich and sit still you are okay, but if you eat a sandwich and go for a stroll you could die? That is crazy! Hope you find some fellow MFPs with the same diagnosis and you can all help each other out.
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    yep that's pretty much it ha ha.

its really difficult as wheat is used in so many things that you wouldn't ever imagine.
    id love to find ANYONE else that has the same issue
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    That is extreme, all grains give me digestive upset but none would kill me. Still on the basis of being fed up with stomache upset and inflamation I decided to axe all grains from my food intake. I feel much better and do not miss them. If i thought they could kill me I would have axed them much sooner. I have got in to avoiding processed foods and cooking whole foods so i know what is in my food.