Introduction

Options
hollydohrman
hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
To get a little more interaction going in this group I'd like to start an introduction post so we can get to know each other a little better.

Please state:
1) Your first name
2) Where you currently live (ball park area)
3) What is your biggest obstacle to overcome?

If you'd like tell us what you wish to accomplish and what is your driving force or WHY this change must happen.

This is also your opportunity to read about other people in the group.

Replies

• BeHappyRobin
    BeHappyRobin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1.Robin
    2.Oklahoma
    3.My Weight

I want to love my body again and enjoy life i have never worn a bikini before and i would like to i also wanna feel more confident i would like to get married and have children one day.
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    1. Holly
    2. Washington State
    3. Healthy Eating

I don't want to get older and not have the energy to do anything. My husband and I had kids young (21) and by 40 they were graduated and moved out. Now we have time do stuff together and I want to be able to actually do something.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1. Melissa
    2. St. Louis, MO
    3. The fear of getting fat again

I've lost all the weight I wanted to lose, but am so scared I'm some how going to gain it all back.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    1) Jen
    2) Upstate New York (not the city)
    3) Sticking to a 1200 calorie diet

I have lost 19 lbs and wish to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (my youngest is 8 years old). I have about 13 lbs. to go. I have no problem with sticking to a workout plan, but I do have a problem with controlling my food intake. I am happy that I've gone from a 8-10 to a size 4-6. Almost there, then I focus on maintaining.

My driving force is being a healthy example for our 4 kids. I also want to live a long, healthy life with my husband who is in great shape. With the changes I've already made, I notice I have a lot more energy and patience. I also notice other things have improved and become more fun :)
  • Bananna411
    Options
    1) Anna
    2) Orange County, CA
    3) So much to choose from! I guess I'll go with keeping on track when I'm out of town or at a social gathering

I've lost about 21 pounds so far and have just gotten back from a wedding in Las Vegas. I realized today (my first day back from the trip) that I had a really hard time staying on track. The first thing i did this morning was get a good workout in before i went to work to kinda jump start the week. Anyway, I just want to be healthy. And it would be nice to not have to shop in the "plus size" section for a change. :smile:
  • slocyclist
    Options
    1) Steve
    2) West of Cleveland, Ohio
    3) Continued activity and fitness - I'm basically lazy, and need structured workouts or I won't do them.

I'm actually maintaining now. Since starting this journey in September, I've lost 40 pounds, and since June 1 haven't fluctuated from 150 by more than 1.5 pounds. (Just got back from two weeks in the Seattle area, eating wonderful food, and returned weighing only a bit more than when I left home.) I've completely changed my eating habits, reducing portion size, eating much more fresh veggies and fruits, and am much more active.

In January, I got the Withings scale, Pulse, and BP monitor, so those all keep me on track. I go to cardiac rehab 3-times a week, I started riding my bicycle a lot more, we walk more, and we bought two kayaks earlier this summer. I'm out in the garden more and in front of the computer less.

So my biggest hurdle is going to be sticking with the workouts, and keeping active over the winter.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    1) Tracy
    2) Virginia
    3). Be fit and healthy

I have personal health issues that cannot be totally fixed. I am 40 years old and been thru 7 surgeries. I now just want to live as healthy a life as I can. I reach my goal weight of 138 and maintained for the longest time. But with my family not on the same page as me and constant temptations at work, I have gained back 20 of the 42lbs lost and it is a struggle to stay motivated to workout more than one week at a time. But I am starting to connect with a few people who are helping to keep me motivated!
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    1: Amanda
    2: Maine
    3: Biggest obstacle to overcome? The mental aspect of losing weight/getting healthy.

I started my journey on here last year at the end of March and lost 37 pounds in the 3 1/2 months I was on here. As life likes to do I was thrown a couple of curve balls that topped my priority list and MFP and exercising fell second. However I managed to maintain during the time I was gone! I'm quite proud I didn't gain a pound back!! I've been back for 28 days and I'm ecstatic to be continuing on with this lifestyle change.

My family is one of the biggest things I have to give me the drive to continue on with my journey. My father and his side of the family are all tall, large people. Most of them obese or morbidly obese. I need to break the cycle. As I approach 30 (next year) I realize that NOW is the time because it isn't going to get any easier the older I get.

I look forward to having a healthy, long life for myself fist & foremost. Not to mention if I happen to get married again and perhaps have a family, I'll be in the best health for them as well.
  • randi_ketofornia
    randi_ketofornia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1) Randi
    2) California
    3) My biggest obstacle is partying and drinking, I think if I did less of that I would be able to stick to my diets that I work hard to plan, and also my workout routines.

I want to change because I'm getting bigger by the month and I am very irritable because of it. I want to feel good on the inside so I can be a kind person again. I'm not always mean, I'm just very short. : (
  • ChristaLee72
    ChristaLee72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1) Christa
    2) Michigan
    3) My biggest obstacle is consistency.

I lost 45 pounds in 2012 and got down to a size 4. I was in the best shape of my life at the age of 40! I managed to keep most of the weight off, just fluctuated slightly from time to time. This year has really been rough with losing my dad to cancer in June. I am one to "eat my feelings" and boy did I!!! Before I knew it, I had put 20 pounds back on. I've been back on track for a little over a month now, but I'm getting frustrated because the scale isn't doing what I think it should. I'm getting married on June 13, 2015, so I am really determined to get at least 15 pounds off of me by then!
  • KayDeeCat
    KayDeeCat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cat
    Arizona
    Everything.

Too heavy for how short I am. I feel terrible I look terrible and I don't like the way I can feel my body shifting when I move.
    I avoid mirrors entirely now.