Foods and Smells You cant stand anymore??

Options
Ughh so someone at work just walked behind me wth a bag of pretzels, and just listening to him chew them and thinking of eating a pretzel myself made me really sick. So much that I couldnt even finish my snack of frozen yogurt because the thought of pretzels kept sneaking up on me :laugh: I used to LOVE pretzels!!

Its so funny how our tastes and cravings change. What old favorites are you currently avoiding??

The other big one for me is BACON! No one in my house is even allowed to cook it if I am home, I cannot handle that smell!!!!!:sick: :cry:

Replies

• justinskitty
    justinskitty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Both times it was raw meat for me. Any kind. The smell of it cooking was just too much. Last pregnancy my husband couldn't wear anything that smelled. After shave or cologne. This time it's fine. I have had a lot less issues with this pregnancy than the last. Both boys.
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm only 6 weeks in and I'm having severe food aversions! So much so that I've almost completely lost my appetite. I love food, I love to eat, I didn't end up on MyFitnessPal cause I have a lot of self-control! I have to force myself to eat just about anything. Yesterday my wonderful husband made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I took two bites and my stomach just flopped. It was too sweet, I just couldn't eat any more. He started teasing me that I'll be stuck like this forever and honestly, that kind of freaks me out!

I'm really hoping that this is just a horrible, first trimester symptom.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 weeks & still can't eat veggies or cook raw meat! The thought makes me dry heave still! And I was an avid veggie & meat lover before!
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My 1st pregnancy I couldn't handle cooking any meat but I could eat it at a restaurant. Nothing ever sounded good though except fish & chips :) I was SO PICKY!

This time my only aversion is bacon. Yuck! I crave fruit! And everything seems to sound good to me. LOL!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My 1st pregnancy I couldn't handle cooking any meat but I could eat it at a restaurant. Nothing ever sounded good though except fish & chips :) I was SO PICKY!

This time my only aversion is bacon. Yuck! I crave fruit! And everything seems to sound good to me. LOL!

Sounds just like me! I am craving fruit, andhonestly I wasnt that into fruit before and mostly only ate apples. I have been eating plums, grapes, canteloupe, banannas, and even ate blueberries which I normally do not like at all! And I am right there with you about bacon, I am starting to feel like I will never want it again!!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options
    I'm only 6 weeks in and I'm having severe food aversions! So much so that I've almost completely lost my appetite. I love food, I love to eat, I didn't end up on MyFitnessPal cause I have a lot of self-control! I have to force myself to eat just about anything. Yesterday my wonderful husband made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I took two bites and my stomach just flopped. It was too sweet, I just couldn't eat any more. He started teasing me that I'll be stuck like this forever and honestly, that kind of freaks me out!

I'm really hoping that this is just a horrible, first trimester symptom.

Dont worry, if you are anything like me (from my past pregnancies) by the second trimester even foods you normally dislike will start sounding good! :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    We roasted whole chickens on the grill last night....I was sooo excited to eat them b/c I was STARVING but took one bite and had to give it to my daughter. Totally turned my stomach. Im hoping it was just a freak occurance bc we eat a ton of chicken! lol
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second tri, and I still can't stand the smell of bacon. During the first trimester I couldn't handle the smell of onions (or if my hubby ate any I'd make him brush like 5 times and it still wouldn't be enough), really didn't like eggs or the thought of them, cooked veggies (or raw for that matter), and I couldn't cook any meat either....oh and grilled food whether it was veggies or meat. Now that I'm in my second tri, I prefer raw veggies to cooked but not a lot...just a salad here and there. Eggs are okay, but I'm pretty picky and really just eat the yolk of an over-medium egg about once a week, tops. It's really been hard to get enough protein in, especially since I really don't like beans right now (usually/non-preggers I like them just fine). But cheeseburgers have been tasting AWESOME in the past few weeks. Haha! I still couldn't sit and eat a steak right now though. :(

Oh also, I've been OBSESSED with ice water! Really really really cold water, and eating ice sometimes. I used to only drink room temp water because I liked to be able to drink it fast. Now I'm all about the freezing cold water and lots of ice! Also, FRESH squeezed oj (like from jamba juice) is a freaking DREAM. I love it!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks, and here's my list of yucky-ness ...

Foods aversions: chocolate, candy (except the occassional Twizzlers or Starburst) cakes, cookies, donuts, etc. Fried foods & broccoli.

Smells that gross me out: Garlic, raw meat, cold leftover chicken, cold pizza, fast food restaurant smells. Mexican food smells (although I still like to eat it)

Sounds that make me queasy: people smacking their food, my co-worker sneezing (it sounds like he is vomitting!)
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I'm 30 weeks:
    Here are the things I can't stand- Chicken, just the thought of it turns my stomach, Anything BBQ, vegetables.

Weird things I crave: Cheese (ask anyone who knows me and they will be so shocked by this!) Bread with margarine spread on it. I eat a slice a day probably.

I always want ice cream too, but I think that's just me taking advantage of being pregnant :)

ETA: I've also been craving Big Macs. I probably haven't had one in 10+ years before getting pregnant. Now, I get about one per month...but I'd eat more if I didn't try to show at least a little self control.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 weeks and my aversions/nausea is completely gone. YES!!!

I haven't had any weird cravings. Just my usual cravings I've always had.

When I was nauseous, the only foods that were palatable were pizza, fries and sweets. LOL.

Potato chips sound like a good idea, but they usually make me feel ill afterwards. That's a good thing. :)
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    TOFU! And normally I love it! I'm only 7 weeks but I cannot stand even the THOUGHT of eating it. It's usually in our fridge because we're both vegetarian but I haven't been able to go near it for weeks.

Also eggs and vegetables.

I was eating eggs daily before I got pregnant, then BAM, can't eat eggs anymore.

I was eating veggies at first but that just started this week. I also always made green smoothies with spinach, etc regularly (or juicing leafy greens) but now its starting to make me sick just thinking about it.
  • Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Beef and cheese stick. I used to eat them every chance I got. Now the smell makes me want to shower off the filthy stench :grumble:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options
    I am officially with all you chicken haters... Made some today and :sick: smelling it cook was the worst! However I am still going to eat it cold in my salad, I am really trying to eat healthy and need to get over my meat aversion since all I have been wanting are CARBS! :sad: