For today Aug 12th

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
“A theorist without practice is a tree without fruit; and a devotee without learning is a house without an entrance.” – Sa’di

“For today: It has been said that no one is too “dumb” to work the twelve-step program, but there are some who are too smart. I pray to God to keep me from being too smart.”

Love this ^^ It’s all about walking the talk! This program has taught me to be humble and more in touch with my spiritual side. Not just saying that I’m a spiritual person, but truly becoming one. I don’t want to be too smart either, especially for my own good.

Replies

• ZenPeace2014
    ZenPeace2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went to an OA meeting today and this was discussed. I am struggling with the program. Maybe I think I am too smart.:laugh:
  • blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me how the For Today readings so often hit upon something that I need to hear on a given day. I've also been struggling with the program, but more in not attending meetings and not in having it front of mind throughout the day. I think I'll listen to some podcasts today, to help remind myself that I'm not too smart.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Tapping, that's cute :laugh:

Blackthrux, whatever works at the moment. I love the Podcasts, they're a nice go-to for a sanity check!

Being smart is fine, we just have to make sure that we keep our smartness in check :smile: