It's been really quiet here...

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
Is anyone out there needing support and encouragement? If you're not comfortable posting here, feel free to friend me so that we can connect that way, one-on-one.

I hope everyone is having a great, abstinent, day!

Replies

• ZenPeace2014
    ZenPeace2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi GRS,

I can use all the support I can get! And want to give it when I can. I wish MFP would alert you when there is a new post to a group you are in like it does when you have a friend request.

I started my food plan two weeks ago. I have not weighed myself in years. I did not weigh myself when I started because I knew it would be too discouraging. I weighed myself after I had been on my food plan (very diligently) for one week. I was shocked (but not really surprised) at what I weighed. But I felt I needed to know "that number" to be able to track my progress.
    After the second week (again, very diligently following my food plan), I weighed again. I had gained nine pounds! Now I have 9 pounds more than the 100+ I need to lose. :cry:
    I had been trying to meet my food count requirements but most days would fall around 200 calories short of my requirement. I would see the warning that I was eating too calories but I felt I was eating enough to satisfy me and had I eaten anymore I would have exceeded my carb and fat numbers.

I talked to someone at OA that has been very successful at losing weight and she said that it's true that I put my body in starvation mode and it was storing fat. Now I am afraid I will never lose weight and am dreading getting on the scale this Friday.

Have you ever had this happen?
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Don’t be discouraged, and don’t listen to someone else’s opinion about your own body! We’re all different, and someone else’s success will not necessarily be yours. In OA we do want what others have, but more on the spiritual, program side, not the diet side. I’m all for sharing information, take what works, and leave the rest behind. It’s never too late to turn things around. I too am guilty of damaging my body due to food, but the damage is reversible. As long as you’re putting the right things in, while working a spiritual program, then you will reap the benefit of success, I truly believe that.
    Let’s motivate each other and share information regularly, so that we remain on track. I can use the support too.

Hang in there, it will turn around if you let go and trust the process!