Can't eat eggs

Options
iwillrun2
iwillrun2 Posts: 34 Member
Does anyone have a problem eating eggs. I never noticed it before (pre-paleo) but maybe that may be because I was eating bread, etc at the same time. Now more and more often my stomach burns after eating eggs. Seems especially if I have more than one. Seems odd to me but wondered if anyone has this issue. I like eggs and they are easy to whip up into a number of dishes. Hate to give them up but no a happy camper when the stomach acts up.

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    There definitely are people that have trouble with eggs and I'm sorry if you are one of them. I don't eat them all the time but I sure would have difficulty giving them up entirely. When I have nothing ready to eat and I need something fast, nothing beats eggs.

You could try eliminating them for a month and then add them back and observe the result, being careful to change no other factors.
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Actually, a lot of folks who are doing the autoimmune protocol give up eggs temporarily. It definitely would be a drag to have to give them up permanently. Is it possible that you're eating your eggs with something else that may be upsetting your stomach, like coffee? By the way, there are lots of good paleo egg-free recipes here:

http://www.thepaleomom.com/recipes

and

http://autoimmune-paleo.com/recipes/
    (although I'm a little skeptical about the coconut mayo, but I've made lots of her other dishes lately, and they're great)
  • iwillrun2
    iwillrun2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions. I think I will eliminate them and add 1 in at a time every few days. I really hate to give them up completely, but I may have to eat more food with them, maybe fruit or something similar.

Thanks!
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with eggs I just HATE them. It would be so much easier if I ate them and I keep trying them to remember I just really do not like eggs. Paleo sadness.