Self sabatoge

Options
tazzzydevl
tazzzydevl Posts: 37 Member
I cant be the only one. I have set goals. Fitness goals that i want to reach, Weight goals that i want to acheive. I am gluten and dairy intolerant- I dont get the belly aches but I get the head congestion and body aches. bad. So.. you would tihnk that i would make good food choices yes? Eat things that dont make me feel like I have the flu or snore (lol)? NOPE. I eat everything I shouldnt. Please. How do I overcome this? I need to lose about 25 pounds.

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Yes I have struggled to reach fitness goals sometimes as well as reaching weight goals.
    But eating to lose weight and eating things that literally make you sick is very different. I think until you make the decision to stop eating what you shouldn't so you will feel better, you really won't be able to eat the way you should to lose weight. Is feeling like you have the flu really worth it? I would think feeling sick would be enough to make you do better?
    Hmm sorry, I'm no help! You may need to speak to a professional about the self sabotage especially since it physically hurts you.
    Hang in there, keep trying!!
  • kthor036
    kthor036 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have issues with Fodmaps but I still give in to old temptations and eat things that don't agree with me either. If you are gluten and dairy intolerant, have you ever tried doing the Whole 30 program? It makes you eliminate dairy and grains for 30 days to get your system back in line. Sometimes if you're following a specific program or guidelines, it's easier to be good to yourself instead of the self-sabotage.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a brain issue. I'm a CBT therapist and a lot of our choices are about what we say to ourselves and don't even realise...it may be "I don't deserve nice things", "I'm a bad person" or "It's not worth it". Why not try using a food journal where you log in what you are thinking and feeling before you eat. Becoming more mindful may help. Best of luck!
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a good pro biotic/ digestive enzyme? I know it sounds crazy but your gut plays a role in your psychology and cravings yeast overgrowth and bad bacteria want you to feed the cravings--- telling you to eat more of what's hurting you. Try the pro biotic, the best you can afford, and enzyme and cut out gluten and dairy 100% for 90 days and those cravings will disappear!
  • 19rosehill
    19rosehill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hear you tazzydevil ! All the way from Melbourne. There are food lists I try to follow and avoid for hypothyroidism and it's very similar to fodmaps so I'm recently trying to follow it too.i don't really get pain but heaps of gas and bloating so same as yourself- why do I find myself overeating choc (full of wheat and sugar) buns?? I think we need to work this out togethor. I've had ed psychology therapy and tried the writing down thing like the cbt poster suggested and it's a great idea, but I seem to self sabotage my self with that too.starting then losing my book and pen, or not carrying it everywhere so only bits of the day get recorded. One thing that helped me for a while was make a list of foods that I grew up with/loved/ memories attached because that helps a bit with a part of the reason why we continue to revisit certain foods. You can then talk to the image when it gets into your head- eg hmmm I feel like icecream after I got yelled at today- ok THATs what I use to do when I was young and upset, and gee icecream really was the favored thing to do. Maybe I could call my friend and reminisce about something silly we did when we were kids instead. ( as I'm writing this I'm like - yes and take this advice again yourself )