Easier to get into Boston 2015!

Options
_Josee_
_Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
Apparently, they are POSSIBLY allowing more qualifiers to sign up! :)

http://www.runnersworld.com/boston-marathon/2015-boston-marathon-will-likely-have-field-of-30000

Replies

• KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I hope they keep it up for 2016!!!
  • _Josee_
    Options
    I hope they keep it up for 2016!!!

If it goes well maybe they'll add 3000 more for 2016 :D Would be nice if we could get in with a 30 seconds buffer lol
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Yeah someone on facebook said they were thinking people would get in with BQ-1:00 or maybe even less than that this year!

We'll have to see!!!
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This would be awesome for 2016. Here's to hoping.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I still have to go hella fast to get in at my age, hoping for 2016, keep opening it up guys!!
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Last year BQ-1:20 got in, so I bet you will see BQ-30 seconds this time with all the increased slots plus less deferrals.

Hopefully they build a few more hotels because I am tellin'ya- finding a room is crazy!!!
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    great news
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Because if I manage to qualify it's going to be by about 30 seconds.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Last year BQ-1:20 got in, so I bet you will see BQ-30 seconds this time with all the increased slots plus less deferrals.

Hopefully they build a few more hotels because I am tellin'ya- finding a room is crazy!!!

I could rent out a room! Only 3 miles from the finish line! Short subway ride away, or it is a nice run. ;-)
  • _Josee_
    Options

Yeah, my friend with BQ- 1:00 couldn't get in.

BQ - 30 seconds would be awesome. Not that I'm getting in for 2015... I'm working on 2016.
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options

I could rent out a room! Only 3 miles from the finish line! Short subway ride away, or it is a nice run. ;-)

I'd buy that! There are some room sharing sites and people are getting rich quick!