5:2 fast and Hashimoto

Options
Sergette1
Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
I really like the fasting 5:2, I am diagnosed with Hashi's and I am on T4 about a month now.

What do you think? I am reading controversial posts about it.

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    If it suits you, then it suits you. My sister likes it and it works worked well for her, no thyroid problems there though. It seems to me as if you have light days, not to be confused with no eat days and normal days and over the course of say a week you have a deficit which should give a weight loss. Thyroid playing properly please. All anyone can do is what suits them. My only thought is, will this form a regular structure for you when you start to maintain? You should be no more at risk of not achieving a good balanced diet than anyone else trying to reduce by a regular calorie intake. I think most criticism comes from those who do not see this as a sustainable way of life.

Go with what works for you
  • Sergette1
    Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Fuzzipeg
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is my third week of eating 5:2 and each week I have seen the numbers on the scale move down. I had a Tirosint dosage change a couple of months ago as I was starting to go hypo again. Prior to 5:2, I had been on WW for 6 months and played with the same 5 pounds the entire time. 5:2 seems to be getting my weight loss moving again. There is a 5:2 board that may be able to provide some additional information.

Whatever you decide, good luck!
  • Betti2
    Betti2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5:2 sounds really interesting, I wanted to do it but the doctor said no, it's not for me :(

I can use the principal & try 2 days of just under 1000 calories to see if it has any effect but Dr said to be carfeul any dizziness or adverse reactions forget it.

I am really interested to see how you go before trying it myself, good luck...