August 2014 Challenge!!

Options
LuluNH
LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
I looked back at my progress and I have been maintaining the same weight since the end of March!! My personal challenge is to move downdowndown towards my realistic goal and to movemovemove and keep up my exercise routine!! What's your goal for August?? ....it can be anything you want and not necessarily weight based!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!

Replies

• timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happy August to everyone, thought I would stop in and say hello,
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi timwhoa!! LuLuNH, my goal for August is to get down to 184.0 lbs. I want to lose at least 1 lb a week.
  • tpr0913
    tpr0913 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just want to fit into my size 16's in August and then 14 in September....and so on and so on. Trying not to depend on the scale to much. A pants size a month seems realistic...I think
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Just checking in ...... Holding at 170! I went up a few over vacation and promptly got sick so everything came off the wrong way! Hoping the next few days things even out and I can get back to regular walking\food intake. Still want to focus on busting through 169 and/or moving into a size 12 pant. My apple shape makes my pants look very loose in the leg but the waist is the last thing to shape up!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Matching my ticker at 169 today! Planning to see 168 sometime soon!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • MaxDPeterson
    MaxDPeterson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to 180 lbs by the end of the month and then my end goal of 170 - 175 by the end of September. That'll be a total loss of 100 lbs!!!!!! I'm currently at 184.5 and just started Phase 3 a couple weeks ago. I notice each phase really does slow it down and that is fine but losing these next 4.5 lbs will be a fun challenge. I'll have to implement lots of running to make up for what diet won't take care of : )
  • memelizzy
    Options
    Congratulations MaxDPeterson! It's exciting for me to hear of someone as far along as you are. So you are into Phase 3 now! I'm a little concerned about going into the other phases, I'm currently in Induction since the second week of June. I want to get down to 170 before going to Phase 2, then I'll have 24 lbs to go to my goal.
  • SandysSpot
    SandysSpot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Since I'm "new" here (in this group anyway), my challenge is to complete the first two weeks with a clean induction :) In order to make this happen "easier" for me, I need to focus more on food prep - My biggest things are breakfasts and lunches because I'm always at work when I'm ready to eat.

My game plan for work breakfasts are pre-cooking both bacon and sausage (no fillers/whole hog/YUM!) and freeze those up. The bacon serves for both breakfast, and lunch salad addition. Anyway, at home I use real eggs (3 @ breakfast), at work I use the egg substitute because it's easier and doesn't really give that sulfur-ey smell throughout the office LOL!. Anyway - also prepped up some mushrooms - all to make a breakfast bowl - (eggs, either bacon or sausage, mushrooms, and topper of shredded sharp cheddar) - nuke & enjoy.

Lunches I prep up salads in mason jars. The jars keep the lettuce from wilting which is a perk. I toss a couple little cherry tomatoes in the bottom of the jar with a couple black olives, then a few onions just for flavor (not a lot), fresh mushroom slices, then shove in lettuce until it's nearly topped. Top with some blue cheese crumbles. I cook the "meat" to go with my salad (usually grilled chicken) and store it separately so when lunch comes, I just pour some vinegar (red wine type) and olive oil on my salad, shake it up. Dice up the chicken, then pour the salad over the top. Works like a charm. I love me some salad.

Dinners are always on the fly though - I just make sure I've got some sort of meat, and some sort of veggie on hand at home and I'm good!

Weekends is spent doing the pre-work. Freeze up the excess, so when I go to work, I just grab and go :)
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My biggest things are breakfasts and lunches because I'm always at work when I'm ready to eat.

All of your ideas sounded great! Welcome to the group.
  • memelizzy
    Options
    Welcome SandysSpot! I like your idea of putting your salad in a Mason jar!
  • christineellis
    Options
    Getting back on track before the September Challenge!!!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Christine - I'm with you - getting on track before September. I went on vacation during August and need to truly refocus and get to goal - September will be my month!! Lulu
  • christineellis
    Options
    I went on vacation during August and need to truly refocus and get to goal - September will be my month!! Lulu

This!!! Vacation killed me this month. :)
  • memelizzy
    Options
    I did make it to my August goal of 184.0 lbs. As a matter of fact, I was stuck there for 4 consecutive days (that does not happen to me) before jumping up .2 lb on the 31st and then jumping up again today .6 more of a lb. It's ok though, as I've said before, I pinball around for about a week before dropping to the next desired level! LOL!!