Old fave you find revolting now?

Options
Mangopickle
Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
Someone got on the elevator with pizza yesterday. I used to really love pizza. I rapidly began to notice that I found the scent nauseating and that it made me feel anxious. I have not been in close proximity to pizza for nearly a year. I think possibly because pizza was an old favorite comfort food that I medicated with it brought back anxiety feelings that were so common when I was eating it. Has anyone had a similar experience? It was certainly unexpected and odd.

Replies

• april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was a McDonald's ADDICT pre-op. One of the very last meals I ate before surgery (even as I was supposed to be on pre-op liquids, oops) was a double cheeseburger. I've had a bun-less hamburger from there since surgery, but it tasted odd and smelled weird to me, and if I never eat McDonald's again I would be ok with it.

Actually, fast food, in general, does not appeal to me anymore. And I've VERY thankful for that.
  • sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've heard this can happen but have yet to experience it since I'm only 3 weeks out. I've been craving meatballs and I'm looking forward to eating one next week!
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    I've heard this can happen but have yet to experience it since I'm only 3 weeks out. I've been craving meatballs and I'm looking forward to eating one next week!
    Never interested in meatballs pre -op but now they are yummy. Prob because they are moist and saucy!
  • noelboquet
    noelboquet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I craved meatballs for a long time still do sometimes lol....I crave Italian tomato based food but tomatoes have been making me feel bad for about a year now....old favorite hmmm lets see ...you know I don't love bacon that much anymore...I know its weird but I don't...too salty for me ...I cannot stand fake bacon and I really hate regular lunch meat...it just smells sickening its salty and is slimy and weird...ice cream makes me nauseated nowadays but more so than things not tasting good they make me sick to my stomach...pizza is one of them...very sick...watermelon makes me feel like im dying by stabbing...and orange juice will put me in a dumping// reactive hypoglycemic fit...I don't like the smell of turkey/chicken burger from the store at all....or the taste...I grind my own :)

oh and tortillas are like sickening dough in my mouth...ugggg
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I used to have rice every day. It was my favorite side and sometimes main dish. I ate huge amounts of it. After surgery, I couldn't tolerate it at all. I tried 3 or 4 times but always had pain and vomiting. Now I no longer want it and never eat it. Considering it's just empty calories, I'm glad to be done with it.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to tolerate rice. That's really the only thing I've had. I've found I can eat it now in small quantities, I just don't care to anymore. Just as well. Like pattycakes726 says, just empty calories.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything I just can't eat but there are things I choose not to. I've only had one thing that made me anxious and that was when one of my lenders put a box of my favorite girl scout cookies on the ledge on the front of my cube to share. I asked him not to, I don't think he realized I was starting to panic. We talked about it the next day and I explained the problem and told him not to ever do that to me again.
  • noelboquet
    noelboquet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything I just can't eat but there are things I choose not to. I've only had one thing that made me anxious and that was when one of my lenders put a box of my favorite girl scout cookies on the ledge on the front of my cube to share. I asked him not to, I don't think he realized I was starting to panic. We talked about it the next day and I explained the problem and told him not to ever do that to me again.

Cookies....they are my vice...my husband brought home a huge box of fresh oatmeal raisin , white choc macadamia nut and chocolate chip cookies...I adore cookies...why did he do this? I made him take them in his man den and out of my sight......I could have eaten them all....I pick all the good stuff out of them but I cant eat wheat and not get sick....cookies....sigh
  • Mangopickle
    Options

Cookies....they are my vice...my husband brought home a huge box of fresh oatmeal raisin , white choc macadamia nut and chocolate chip cookies...I adore cookies...why did he do this? I made him take them in his man den and out of my sight......I could have eaten them all....I pick all the good stuff out of them but I cant eat wheat and not get sick....cookies....sigh

I can portion control quinoa chocolate chip cookies, but not wheat.