Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• kennethbane
    kennethbane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Ken and I live in Knoxville TN. I am very determined and motivated to get back into shape, as I used to be very healthy and athletic. Thanks for letting me be part of the group!
  • bhicks014
    bhicks014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hows everyone been doing today? Lost my job but I will get through this. Decided to see how everyone else is doing :) Lost my first 3lb on first week weigh ins so at least theres that!

Hey buddy that's a GREAT first week. That should really make you feel good and proud of what you've done. Just imagine if you keep that trend up. You will be tightening the belt in no time. Good job! :)
  • bhicks014
    Options
    Hello! My name is Beth. I'm 32 and from Ohio. About two years ago, I was at my highest weight of 212. Over the last two years, I dropped to 130, now back up to around 140. I enjoy running, but work/daughter/school has made it tough to make the time recently. I have been using MFP for years as a food tracker, but now I am in need of someone to hold me accountable for my food and exercise, so I thought I would finally venture into the MFP community. Being 5'3, I would like to be around 120, but the ultimate goal is just to be healthy.

Feel free to add me!

Hello Beth and welcome to the group. It sounds like you done really well in the past. Congratulations on the. I admire you for being proactive and trying to keep your weight in check. I often hear people say "I want to look beautiful and more attractive". Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I suppose that is deeply rooted within the self-esteem. I like the approach that you took in terms of wanting to be healthy. 10 pounds should be very doable and we are here for you every step of the way. Best of luck to you!
  • bhicks014
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Ken and I live in Knoxville TN. I am very determined and motivated to get back into shape, as I used to be very healthy and athletic. Thanks for letting me be part of the group!

Woot! Knoxville, Tennessee home of the Vols. I too am from the Knoxville area. We would like to welcome you to the group Ken and we hope we can be of positive influence to you on your journey. That used to be healthy and athletic guy is going to come back if you are willing to work hard and fight off those temptations along the way. It takes mental strength and discipline, but also good decision-making skills. I know you can do this and we are here to help motivate you throughout the journey. GBO!
  • Dorothyk351
    Dorothyk351 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My name is Dorothy and I need to lose about 40lbs,but I will be happy even if it is only 30 lbs. I have been doing this diet roller coaster off and on for a long time.. I need to really stay on this time for health reasons so more the better with motivation. Feel free to look me up on here and friend me (dorothyk351). Thanks????????
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bhicks--Thanks for starting this group and this thread and taking the time to personally welcome and comment on each and every person. I appreciate that and I know others do, too! Thank you.
  • bhicks014
    Options
    My name is Dorothy and I need to lose about 40lbs,but I will be happy even if it is only 30 lbs. I have been doing this diet roller coaster off and on for a long time.. I need to really stay on this time for health reasons so more the better with motivation. Feel free to look me up on here and friend me (dorothyk351). Thanks????????

Hi Dorothy and welcome to the group. I think you have a nice goal set and I really think you can get there. Roller coasters are fun to ride at amusement parks, but not so much when it comes to dieting. I think that has happened to a lot of us. The important thing is to never give up. Losing weight is half the battle. The other half is developing the healthy habits we need in order to maintain that weight or at least stay within an influx of a couple pounds. I will add you as a friend and I wish you much luck on your journey. We believe in you!
  • bhicks014
    Options
    Aw thanks!! The picture I posted was me at my goal weight. I keep it there for self motivation and good feels. :P im glad to join the group!! Yay!

You will be there again. Just remember that you are always beautiful and believe that each and every day. All that's left is just getting a bit more healthy. You've got this!
  • bhicks014
    Options
    bhicks--Thanks for starting this group and this thread and taking the time to personally welcome and comment on each and every person. I appreciate that and I know others do, too! Thank you.

You are quite welcome! I was looking through the groups one day and didn't find a group like this. As a result I thought I would make one and see how it goes. Here we are just a few days in and we have 85 members. I never thought this many would join, but I'm so glad it happened. I do stay busy with college and the volunteer fire department, but I will always do my best to respond to everyone. The goal is to make everyone feel welcome, important, and like they belong. This leads to self-esteem building and more interaction in the long run. I understand that life happens and some may not be as devoted as others, but we do what we can when we are able. Thanks for the kind words. :)
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Alisha. I have been up and down the last year with in about ten pounds. A little about myself, I am 26, married with one toddler. I want to lose about 20 more pounds. I run a lot and I work out with my command twice a week. I use runkeeper and their running goals ( I am about to finish one in september). Once I drop about ten more pounds I will add my strength training again. I have a physical fitness test in about 9 weeks, so I am dropping weight for that and I have to make sure that I can complete it with in the alloted time so there is a lot of pressure right now.
  • bhicks014
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Alisha. I have been up and down the last year with in about ten pounds. A little about myself, I am 26, married with one toddler. I want to lose about 20 more pounds. I run a lot and I work out with my command twice a week. I use runkeeper and their running goals ( I am about to finish one in september). Once I drop about ten more pounds I will add my strength training again. I have a physical fitness test in about 9 weeks, so I am dropping weight for that and I have to make sure that I can complete it with in the alloted time so there is a lot of pressure right now.

Hi Alisha! It's great to have you with us. I understand the whole yo-yo idea and I think many of us can relate to a certain degree. It sounds like you have a good system in place by running and working out. Even when you aren't exercising you are still taking care of the little one and that too counts as exercise, lol! I believe you can get there before the deadline is up. Just by consuming 500 calories less than allotted, that will result in 1 pound per week by itself. Then considering the running and other activities you are doing throughout the day, I think you will make. Work hard and your goal will be achieved! Welcome to the group.
  • Sumner100Christ_follower
    Options
    I hope this group is still alive. I am Al. I am ashamed to admit this, but I have heard the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I am overweight. I am a binge-eater, and I need help to quit binge eating forever. The day before I began my fitness pal I consumed approximately 8,830 calories in one day, and it wasn't even a special occasion. I calculated it. Though, I am sure there were many days in which I consumed more than this. In fact, I don't know if that day would even make my top 100 binge-eating days, but I never calculated how many calories I consumed those other days. One day I ate two medium full-size delivery pizzas loaded with toppings. Another day, my mother gave me a huge extremely sweet, rich, and chocolatey ice cream cake for my birthday, and I ate the entire cake within two days except for two small slices. In December, I went to the movie theater, and just while watching one film I consumed 3 jumbo popcorn containers with extra butter by myself. I think I could talk about my binge-eating failures for hours. However, when I am not binge-eating I eat mostly low-calorie healthy food. When I am not binge-eating I am a strong proponent for saving the environment and eating healthy, and when I am binge eating I feel like a hypocrite. Though, I love good tasting food so much that I feel like I could eat it forever. I really appreciate food that makes my taste senses explode with joy. I also binge-eat during almost all celebrations or when I am depressed. Additionally, when I am not binge-eating I think very few people eat healthier than me. I have been doing okay recently, but I do not know when I will not be able to resist the urge to binge eat again. To complicate things I am a Christian, and in Christianity over eating is considered the sin of gluttony. I am trying to get in shape because 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV reads: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." Thus, I really want to get in as good of shape as possible spiritually and physically. Though, I may need some support.