How Far Are You From Goal?

Options
spunkychelsea
spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
And how long (reasonably) until you get there?

This is something that I think about. I don't really focus on how much I've lost, just how much I have left. Probably not the most motivating, but whatever.

I want to lose about 14 lbs more. I've been gaining and losing the same 0.5-1 lb the last three weeks or so. Driving me crazy! I have 4 lbs left from pregnancy and 10 lbs to get to my married weight from 11 years ago.

I had given myself a goal to lose it by Halloween. That gave me 5.5 months from birth to lose 32 lbs (the 22 I gained + 10). I am losing much slower than I had hoped (due to my own bad eating on the weekend and being tired with a newborn). But with only about 3 months left I think it's not as realistic of a goal (plus possibly moving in the next few months out of state might throw a wrench in things).

Just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me.

Replies

• MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 17.4 lbs away from my ultimate goal weight and I am hoping to reach it by January 1. I am breastfeeding my baby though and refuse to risk my milk supply so I have to take things slow and steady.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself, but I'm going by clothes, and the rate I lost weight after my 2nd baby. I will weigh and measure eventually lol.

I have a pair of jeans I call my 'fat jeans' that do up but I have a massive muffin top in them, so my first goal is to be in them by Sept/Oct (it took me a year to get in them again after my first 2 babies. This time it will be 4/5 months). Then I'll give myself another 5 months to get in my 'thin' jeans as that's how long it took me last time. So hopefully by Feb. 9 months on, 9 months off!
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had my little one in January and have lost 29 of the 30 lbs I gained with her. I'm hoping to lose another 5 after that so 6 total. Originally I had hoped to lose all pregnancy weight by September 1st and now that I'm close I'd love to lose the other 5 too. I go back to work in September and (as vain as it is) would love to wow everyone :)
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks postpartum and 18 pounds from my goal weight (126). I am working to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (134) by 6 weeks postpartum. I hate having an aggressive weight loss goal along with trying to establish my milk supply, but I am in the military and need to fit back into my uniform : (
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks postpartum and 18 pounds from my goal weight (126). I am working to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (134) by 6 weeks postpartum. I hate having an aggressive weight loss goal along with trying to establish my milk supply, but I am in the military and need to fit back into my uniform : (

Which branch? (I served 10 years in the Air Force & was the Unit Fitness Monitor). The Air Force gives 6 months before expecting you to be back in decent shape. Your body needs the time. Don't over do it. Let your milk supply come in. Nursing burns calories too. I remember the pressue to lose weight and have a good fitness test after having a baby. Buy a bigger uniform if you need to :>:flowerforyou: Beautiful baby by the way.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My younger son is 14 months old today, and we BFed for a year. I couldn't lose while BFing so eventually stopped trying. I've lost 12 lbs since weaning two months ago. It's not as fast as I would like, but it's better than gaining or maintaining!

I gained a lot and still have a long way to go to my pre-pregnancy low. I'm about 45 lbs away, and it seems I'm going to have to fight for each and every one of those pounds! I'm hoping to be close by Christmas (5 months from now) but am not quite expecting to be all the way there yet because losing it all by then is a bit of an aggressive goal. I expect to be there for sure by my 35th birthday in May.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    Still breastfeeding here too. I did with my son for 13.5 months, and my daughter 15 months. I would rather be chubbier than I want to be than struggle with milk supply. I had an issue with my daughter when she was 6/7 months old. I was pregnant again already (on purpose) but this time my milk took a horrible dip. Had to go on Reglan to keep nursing her.

I've started 30 day shred and it's helped me drop some more weight. Hoping I'll be back to prepregnancy soon (2 lbs left) and worry about the last 10 lbs as they come. Not really "worry" but hoping if I work out they'll come off, which walking wasn't doing much. Still eating like 1800-2000 calories a day. LOVE fat babies and for that she needs my milk for now!
  • spunkychelsea
    Options

Which branch? (I served 10 years in the Air Force & was the Unit Fitness Monitor). The Air Force gives 6 months before expecting you to be back in decent shape. Your body needs the time. Don't over do it. Let your milk supply come in. Nursing burns calories too. I remember the pressue to lose weight and have a good fitness test after having a baby. Buy a bigger uniform if you need to :>:flowerforyou: Beautiful baby by the way.

Completely agree with this. Buy a bigger uniform if need be. I am almost back to prepregnancy weight BUT I'm still up several inches! My weight does not go with my shape. If you rush exercise too quick it can make healing take longer (I know with my daughter I would bleed more). If it were me I would worry more about the milk supply for now. Congrats mama and thank you for your service! (My husband did 8 years in the navy and I know how straining it can be on the family!)
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 wks pp and I still have 30 pounds to lose to reach my pre preggo weight I've lost 22 pounds so far I've only just started logging and gentle exercise , I hope to be at my goal by The new yr, think that's plenty of time
  • joianett
    joianett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    one week PP and have yet to weigh ... I am going to wait until my two week postpartum appointment next week. I do not have a scale. I do fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans though, so that is progress. Since I had an emergency c-section, I am not certain when I get back to running.
  • wnglng
    wnglng Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old (and a 4 year old and 3 year old). I'm about 1-2 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight (137-138#) and about 9 lbs to goal (130). However, I haven't really ever been 130 since just after highschool and only got down to that and just a bit lower 7 years ago for my wedding. But hey, if I'm going to calorie count (the way I lost the weight for my wedding), why not? I'm not a strict dieter (occasional treat or alcohol in moderation) or strict exerciser (exercise maybe about 2-3 times per week), but I'm fairly decent in both, and slowly, I'm losing the weight. Would love to tone my tummy though. Having three kids in 4 years wrought havoc on my body!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 month old and I have 10lbs until PP weight (145) and 20lbs until ultimate goal weight :) My ultimate goal weight may change as I get closer.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I am 4 weeks postpartum and I have 45lbs to go yikes!!! I was 138 before I got pregnant and right now I am 183.... Depressing, but at least I didn't get a single stretch mark, even though I gained almost 70lbs during my pregnancy lol
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am 9 weeks pp today and have 2.2lbs to go until prepregnancy weight. Then, I have another 58lbs that need to go after that.
    I had actually set a goal this morning to be at goal weight in 1 year. Today is Bday for me and I am going to be at my goal by Bday next year.
    I am breastfeeding but still think I can do it. 60lbs in 52 weeks.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    Ugh, looking at this I have not made much progress in the last few weeks. I am now 1 pound from prepregnancy (or 0.2 lbs) and then 10 more pounds. So 11 still. I was this weight last week, overate on the weekend and just got back to this. I feel like 1 step forward 2 steps back, 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Edited to add. I WILL be at goal by New Years (my older daughter's 2 year birthday) hopefully well before. But I'm so blah.

I'm having SPD pain from doing the 30 day shred, not sure what to do. Try it again today after taking a day off or take several days off or just try something completely different. Ugh.
  • seidel1325
    Options
    I am 5 weeks postpartum and 15 pounds from my goal weight (126). I am working to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (134) by 6 weeks postpartum, but I'll miss the target.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks postpartum and 12 pounds from goal. Well, if I lose another 2 pounds by 1 month PP I'll have 10 to go and I assume that I'll lose half pound a week so it will take me until 6 months PP to be at goal. I'm sure I could lose faster but I don't want to get it in my head that it will happen faster--I'd rather prepare for 6 months and if it's sooner then great!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I am about 50 lbs from my goal. I have MFP set for 1 lb per week so my hope is to be there by this time next year. Or at least close enough that I'll be in the high end of my goal range.

(I'm not really sure what my goal weight (135) will look like on me. As long as I'm under 150 I'll be happy though I think. So I'd really like to be there in a year, but we shall see.)
  • seidel1325
    Options
    6 weeks postpartum and 6 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight (134) and 14 pounds from goal (126)