Calories in vs calories out

Options
pcknits
pcknits Posts: 33 Member
I do have a simple question. The calories in vs calories out, I have been striving for "under" almost everyday with a few scattered "in the zone" and the very rare 'over." My weight loss has stalled. I am getting the impression from reading more about TDEE that I should be striving to end the day "in the zone." Is that correct?

Replies

• Lowfatlady
    Lowfatlady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% on in the zone etc. I think I read that as long as you are at least 50 calories from your goal it will put you at in the zone. For your tdee its your BMR (what your body needs to survive) plus all the exercise and movement you do. To lose weight you subtract 250 calories from your tdee to lose .5 pounds, 500 for one pound, and 1,000 for two.
  • pcknits
    pcknits Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I don't get the calories in vs out thing.
  • Lowfatlady
    Lowfatlady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The number your fitbit says for calories burned at the end of the day is your daily tdee. It can go up or down depending on how active you are that day. Subtract 250 (.5 pounds) 500 (one pound) or 1000 (2 pounds) from that number at the end of the day to get how many calories to eat.
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to adjust how many calories the Fitbit says you're tracking? For example, mine says that at resting, I burn 1.2 calories per minute. Can I manually adjust that rate, or is it pre-calculated and untouchable?
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was curious too how the get your resting burn, and I found this from fitbit: https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/898903-how-does-fitbit-know-how-many-calories-i-ve-burned-