Bragging time :)

Options
60sPanda
60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
I am so pleased with my efforts that I have to shout about it!!

Finally, this morning I managed to swim 1 mile in 30 mins - in fact I swam 2 miles crawl in exactly 60 mins!!

Brilliant - this was a goal I have had in mind for the past 18 months (when I could swim a mile in 40 mins). I can't believe I have done it - now the aim is to swim 3 miles in 1 hour and 30 or less. May take a while but I think I will get there....

Perseverance and practise are all you need so go for it everyone!

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Amazing stuff! I'm sure when you think of the person who started 18 months ago it's hard to imagine it's still you!!!
  • fit4lifemom
    fit4lifemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done, Panda - although I have to say I'm not surprised that you did it. I'm betting the time it takes you to reach the new goal will be less than what it took for you to get to where you are now. Keep up the great work, you should be VERY proud of yourself!!!!!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You have the right to brag. That is awesome. :wink:
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    OMG that is definitely worth of a brag!! I am in awe!
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • swimdeb1
    swimdeb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wat to go!!!
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Just curious -- what exactly did you do to drop your time so much? I can swim a half mile in just under 23, a mile in about 47. Never occurred to me (until reading your post just now) that I could, possibly, reduce that. Not anywhere near what you can do, but maybe 40 min?