I think not eating enough = no weight loss

Options
I am completely stalled. And I just had my gallbladder out. I feel like crap in general and have barely been eating 300 calories if that. I need to start my protein shakes again tomorrow but I am really starting to think that the fewer calories you consume, the less weight your body loses - it's like it's trying to hold on to whatever it can. And I am not hungry and I am sick of food. I don't enjoy eating. I am sick of cooking, figuring out what to eat, eating. UGH!

Replies

• sunshine5474
    sunshine5474 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was in the hospital over the weekend too for my gallbladder. Yes it really sucks! Don't get down, remember why you are doing this. You have to develop a new love for food. I enjoy foods I never thought I would eat. Like red peppers - used to hate them, now I love them. Try new things it is really worth it. I make a new recipe at least once per week, some work out and some don't. There are so many good websites - you should give them a try!
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You didn't say how long out from WLS you are, but at 10 months I agree with you. I had a 2 month stall eating at a calorie goal of 1000 calories/day. I was exercising by walking 3 miles a day 4-5 days a week and lost nothing. I upped it to 1200 and some days went a bit over that, and lo and behold 10 lbs gone in the past month. Maybe it's coincidence, but I don't think so. I've also had good results with stalls by looking at my liquids and making sure I get more than the 64oz recommendation.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You are right, when you don't get enough calories to fuel your body, weight loss slows way down or stalls. I stalled at 9 months out and didn't lose anything until after my one year check up where my nutritionist told me I was eating too few calories and had put my body into starvation mode! I thought that was a myth but it seems it's real. She told me I need to eat a minimum of 1,000 calories per day and then the weight loss will start again. It worked for awhile and then I stalled again. Truth is I lose better between when I'm averaging 850-900 calories per day. But you've just had another surgery, so give yourself time to heal, start getting your protein level back where it needs to be and you will start losing again.
    Pat