it's motivation monday 8/18/14

Options
jltheis7
jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
Share what keeps you motivated! I get a daily email from fitness magazine with recipes, exercises, and health related articles.

Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Success stories, looser fitting clothes, how good I feel! Happy Monday, everyone :)
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping myself motivated by staying active on MFP, scrolling through my newsfeed, reading & posting in the forums, etc. and I started a tumblr (fitblr) blog so that I can scroll through all the motivating fitness blogs whenever I feel like I need a boost. I also started sharing something every day to keep me focused on all of this.

And I kept a shirt and jeans (that I absolutely adore and want to wear again) around from when I lost all the weight the first time and they're hanging on my closet. =D
  • Dlr1975
    Dlr1975 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Success stories, weight loss pages on facebook and every time I get on the back of my husbands Harley ( my butt covers the back speakers lol)
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thinking about how far I've come now keeps me motivated. My kids do, too. They're so young (2, 1, and 3 months), and I don't ever want them to remember me this way. I want them to remember me as a healthy, active parent. I want them to learn to be healthy and active as well.
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Coming online and posting on MFP and reading through the success stories on here. Also looking at old photos of myself and being able to see the difference now. And when I went to Costco picking up 2-20# bags of potatoes.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    All this positive motivation is so inspiring! I was stressed out after a long first day of training for the new school year and ready to find some food to help me cope and then I logged on MFP and read everyone's posts. I decided to try a workout and meditation instead. Thanks!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Success stories, both here on MFP and on Reddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/. Very motivating to see that it can be done. If you haven't checked out the progress picture section on Reddit, do, it is filled with great stories!