Lean for Life Results

Options
LessthanKris
LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
Has anyone completed the Lean for Life phase and if so, did you see results to make it worth while?

I am starting Lean next week and was planning on doing Lean for Life and then either starting another round of CLX, a round of Body Revolution, or maybe seeing if I could do a hybrid of the two somehow. I still have more weight to lose and I like the results BR has given me and I was thinking to go back to it again since I know I can get results. I was going to see what Lean does for me but I am wondering if I should stick through Lean for Life if I decide to go the BR route.

Replies

• SusanJenai
    SusanJenai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've asked this question before and it seems knowone has the the Lean for Life phase. But I do plan to do it so I'll post my results here and let you know what I think of it! I'm have two more weeks of Lean phase before I start tho :-)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yea I am interested. I am skipping it and starting Turbofire on Sunday. I needed a change anyway. Good luck!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to follow this thread, but I like to bounce around programs so Lean For Life couldn't hold me :)
  • SusanJenai
    Options
    I'm interested to follow this thread, but I like to bounce around programs so Lean For Life couldn't hold me :)
    Yea, I understand! 3 mo is long enough! I'm starting to develope workout ADD myself, but really wanna keep going to get the full benefit of the program. :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Yea, I understand! 3 mo is long enough! I'm starting to develope workout ADD myself, but really wanna keep going to get the full benefit of the program. :)

Are you about 2 months in now?
  • SusanJenai
    Options

Are you about 2 months in now?
    I'm about 3 mo in. This is my 3rd week of lean :)
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Susan - good job!!! I made it the lean phase & only made it about 2 weeks....sigh. My schedule got off track & I never got back on. I am trying to start again next week. My mind is getting ready, now my body needs to follow LOL:blushing:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Susan - good job!!! I made it the lean phase & only made it about 2 weeks....sigh. My schedule got off track & I never got back on. I am trying to start again next week. My mind is getting ready, now my body needs to follow LOL:blushing:

You need to just get those bands, keep them around, and then do the exercises throughout the day in 5 minute spurts. Then when people ask you what you did today you can say "Man, I worked out ALL day."

*edited b/c spelling*
  • SusanJenai
    Options
    Ok, I'm offically done Lean Phase now and starting Lean for life phase today! I'm going to do it for three wks, 1st wk: Burn 1, Push 1, Lean1. Sec wk Burn 2, Push 2, Lean 2.....and so on. I'm going to insert intervals of cardio into the CLX curcuit workouts. I usually do my cardio at the beginning but i'm switching it up for this phase. I lost 24lbs during the 90 days of CLX. My goal for the next three weeks is to lose 6lbs or more. I'll check back in a few!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Ok, I'm offically done Lean Phase now and starting Lean for life phase today! I'm going to do it for three wks, 1st wk: Burn 1, Push 1, Lean1. Sec wk Burn 2, Push 2, Lean 2.....and so on. I'm going to insert intervals of cardio into the CLX curcuit workouts. I usually do my cardio at the beginning but i'm switching it up for this phase. I lost 24lbs during the 90 days of CLX. My goal for the next three weeks is to lose 6lbs or more. I'll check back in a few!

WWWWWOOOOOWWW! 24 LBS?! That's SO awesome!!

Please keep us updated on L4L.

best,
    tina
  • SusanJenai
    Options
    Thanks Tina and Rudy70! I started L4L last night and Burn 1 was much easier this time around, and I was even able to increase my weight more then what I was doing the first time I did Burn 1.

WWWWWOOOOOWWW! 24 LBS?! That's SO awesome!!

Please keep us updated on L4L.

best,
    tina
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    That's great. It's nice to not only feel stronger but to BE stronger!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I love the Burn phase, I LOVE the Push phase, but the Lean phase bores me out of my mind! So I could never do L4L because I would dread doing those Lean workouts!

I have gotten into the habit of doing CLX twice a year, with different programs in between. And since it seems the key to the Lean phase is doing compound moves, I tend to replace the Lean phase with a month of The Firm since they focus on compound moves in intervals with cardio bursts, plus I still do Burn Intervals once a week.

At the end of Burn Intervals I always feel like Superwoman! I could climb a mountain! I could leap tall buildings in a single bound! :love:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I love the Burn phase, I LOVE the Push phase, but the Lean phase bores me out of my mind! So I could never do L4L because I would dread doing those Lean workouts!

I have gotten into the habit of doing CLX twice a year, with different programs in between. And since it seems the key to the Lean phase is doing compound moves, I tend to replace the Lean phase with a month of The Firm since they focus on compound moves in intervals with cardio bursts, plus I still do Burn Intervals once a week.

At the end of Burn Intervals I always feel like Superwoman! I could climb a mountain! I could leap tall buildings in a single bound! :love:

That's funny - I think I like Lean because of the compound moves. They are still so difficult. I like to try new programs so L4L is not on my radar.
  • SusanJenai
    Options
    Yeah, I kind of agree with you! I did like Burn and push more then lean, lol. I didn't like using the leg bands or the chair very much. But burn and push are awesome!

• SusanJenai
    Options
    I am done L4L!! :happy: It was fun and Iv'e learned that I have gotten really strong. I was able to lift much heavier this time around! I also liked switching it up with the different phases every day. Doing lean for life, I also realized that I like Burn and push way more the Lean Phase! It's like she slowed down the pace alot in Lean, do ya'll think so? I got so bored going at her pace most exercises I started finishing before her. But I still like the mix of the different phases and would do L4L again. Taking my measurements today...and I also start Piyo today too! Yay! :happy:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I am done L4L!! :happy: It was fun and Iv'e learned that I have gotten really strong. I was able to lift much heavier this time around! I also liked switching it up with the different phases every day. Doing lean for life, I also realized that I like Burn and push way more the Lean Phase! It's like she slowed down the pace alot in Lean, do ya'll think so? I got so bored going at her pace most exercises I started finishing before her. But I still like the mix of the different phases and would do L4L again. Taking my measurements today...and I also start Piyo today too! Yay! :happy:

That's awesome!
    I didn't think about the pace of Lean b/c I did it in the gym this time at my own pace. I ALWAYS finish before she does. Except pushups...

See you in PiYo!