Raw Organic Honey and PALEO

Options
Does anyone eat this daily.. it's really good and I was wondering if 1 tbsp. a day would be ok for PALEO... this is especially good for me with Dark Chocolate.

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat some high quality honey, than eat it. If sugar is not a problem for you it's the best of them. I don't know why you would purposefully try to eat a tablespoon per day, but it's all up to you. I see honey as an added sugar and rarely eat it. I find dark chocolate plenty sweet without honey probably because I am so used to little sugar.

I wouldn't think very many Paleo people have added sugar daily; maybe those who are athletic only?

Everyone in this forum is Paleo, Primal, or something similar so you don't really have to specify that you are talking about Paleo. Most of us will assume it unless stated otherwise.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ok so honey is not so good... i just thought it was good for us because of antioxidants or whatever. but i guess no SUGAR is better...

Still trying to get a grasp on PALEO.. i mean i get the meat and fat part.. Thats easy...... (its the fruits, veggies & misc... things i am trying to figure out...

another one is SWEET POTATO.. i eat at least 1 small per day with butter..by small i mean like 150 grams...
  • creay2012
    creay2012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use a tsp of raw honey in my yogurt daily.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Some people use local honey in small doses daily to help desensitize local pollen allergies once they have been tested to make sure they don't have a honey allergy.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I eat Primal-ish but think honey is a perfect natural sweetener. I personally don't eat it every day but there are plenty of documented health benefits that make it a great alternative to cane sugar or an occasional treat.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to experience some things for yourself to decide what works/doesn't work for you. It also depends on your goal(s). Honey is said to be great for many ailments & to have many health benefits (as long as it's pure, raw local honey), so if one or more of those reasons is why you want it (or you just love the taste of it!) and it doesn't hinder any other goals, I say go for it! I keep a large jar of it out on the counter. I can go days without using it. Sometimes I use it as a sweetener in recipes and sometimes I just eat it with a spoon! Ha!