Surgery tomorrow! Nervous today!

Options
PapaJames
PapaJames Posts: 12 Member
I'm excited/nervous/fidgety/impatient today. I report to the hospital tomorrow, August 19, at 9:30am for my RNY gastric bypass surgery! I know it will go well, but oh... the anticipation! I'm trying to keep busy, but I just have no concentration today.

I. AM. SO. READY. TO. SAY. GOODBYE. TO. THIS. GUY!

Front-with-Fig-Leaf-2014-08-18-256lb-edit.jpg

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    SO excited for you! I think most people that had surgery were nervous. I was a nervous wreck for about a week prior to surgery. I could hardly even talk to anyone the day before and I couldn't sleep. It will totally go well, and you have so much to look forward to! Good luck to you, keep us posted!
  • MindyMac51
    MindyMac51 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, let's all say Goodbye to that guy, and to our old selves. I had RNY in November 2010 at age 58 and have never regretted it. At 2.5 years out, I got complacent and thought I could maintain without doing the work we all need to do: high protein low carb diet, water, exercise, keeping track of food & exercise here at MFP. I gained back 38 lbs over 18 months, but have dropped 14 of that in the past 6 weeks, and this time I'm not stopping till I reach my goal! Back on track and loving it! Another website you might also benefit from reading and posting to, if you don't already, is ObesityHelp. It's all for WLS people. You'll soon be an RNY'er and dropping the weight and feeling better and better.

Best wishes on your surgery, your recovery, and the new you!
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Looking forward to following your progress.

-Phill
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best with your surgery James. By the time you know it you will be waking up and beginning the next stage of your journey. I look forward to following the next stage of your journey. We are your cheering squad James. :drinker: :smile: :wink:
  • Sleevarilla
    Sleevarilla Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Here's to a swift and easy recovery!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    YaY for You!!
    Im right behind you...moving on to the next step...seeing the surgeon next Tues :bigsmile:
    Good luck to You!!!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes, let's all say Goodbye to that guy, and to our old selves. I had RNY in November 2010 at age 58 and have never regretted it. At 2.5 years out, I got complacent and thought I could maintain without doing the work we all need to do: high protein low carb diet, water, exercise, keeping track of food & exercise here at MFP. I gained back 38 lbs over 18 months, but have dropped 14 of that in the past 6 weeks, and this time I'm not stopping till I reach my goal! Back on track and loving it! Another website you might also benefit from reading and posting to, if you don't already, is ObesityHelp. It's all for WLS people. You'll soon be an RNY'er and dropping the weight and feeling better and better.

Best wishes on your surgery, your recovery, and the new you!

You truly do NOT look your age...I would not believe it had you not said anything...you look way younger!
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Best of luck James! :flowerforyou:
  • Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How exciting soon will will be papa j because papa james will be to big for you!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well James: I am reading this after your surgery today. I hope all went well and welcome to your "new" life. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
  • MindyMac51
    MindyMac51 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Aw, thank you, 2BeHappy2. That pic was taken in August 2012 when I was 60 and close to my post-op LW. I'm 2 yrs older and about 20 lbs heavier now.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    So excited for you! Make sure to post and let us all know how it went.

Pat