1 week post op RNY

Options
Hello! Looking for fellow RNY people for support. I don't have any local group to attend, so I need all the support I can get right now. Any new friends welcome! I'm a 30 year old female in Georgia. Since starting the surgery process in April, I've had a 17 lb loss. Down 8 lb my first week! Really hoping to find people who are recently post op as well. Thanks so much!

Replies

• 5555price
    5555price Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you can add me :) I had my RNY in April.
  • grace20072010
    Options
    You can add me. I had my surgery June 11th!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm approaching 2 years post-op for RNY. You can certainly add me, however I don't track much at all. I'm very willing to give advice if you need it though!

At this point, just remember your protein, and SIP SIP SIP at that water! Follow your plan, and don't even think of touching bread, rice, or pasta for at least 6 months.
  • Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm one year out feel free to add me.
  • bbhofmann
    bbhofmann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me... I had my RNY in April...
  • MindyMac51
    MindyMac51 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing great! I had my RNY Surgery in November 2010, so I can give you advice from my experience: I lost a lot in the first year, though I never got to my goal (182 was my LW after surgery), and maintained for a second year with relatively little effort. I became complacent, and then I started to regain and went into denial. Tried to ignore the gain, but when I got back on the scale in June 2014 and saw that I was up 38 lbs. to 220, I finally woke up and realized I had to RESTART with a serious commitment to a weight loss plan: a high protein low carb-fat-sugar diet; lots of water but no diet soda, wine, or fruit juice; plenty of exercise (I'm walking 60-75 minutes 6 days a week), reading the boards here and at ObesityHelp, and keeping track of diet and exercise every day here at MFP. I'm down 14 lbs. since June 24, am seriously recommitted to keeping it up, and loving it.

You're going to have an amazing weight loss in the next 1-2 years -- and then you can stay where you are or lose even more as long as you maintain your commitment to good habits -- hopefully the good habits you'll be developing in the next several months. Enjoy the ride, learn the lessons, and establish the right habits and you'll do great! You have so many great years to look forward to!
  • RydersMaMa313
    RydersMaMa313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing great! I had my RNY Surgery in November 2010, so I can give you advice from my experience: I lost a lot in the first year, though I never got to my goal (182 was my LW after surgery), and maintained for a second year with relatively little effort. I became complacent, and then I started to regain and went into denial. Tried to ignore the gain, but when I got back on the scale in June 2014 and saw that I was up 38 lbs. to 220, I finally woke up and realized I had to RESTART with a serious commitment to a weight loss plan: a high protein low carb-fat-sugar diet; lots of water but no diet soda, wine, or fruit juice; plenty of exercise (I'm walking 60-75 minutes 6 days a week), reading the boards here and at ObesityHelp, and keeping track of diet and exercise every day here at MFP. I'm down 14 lbs. since June 24, am seriously recommitted to keeping it up, and loving it.

You're going to have an amazing weight loss in the next 1-2 years -- and then you can stay where you are or lose even more as long as you maintain your commitment to good habits -- hopefully the good habits you'll be developing in the next several months. Enjoy the ride, learn the lessons, and establish the right habits and you'll do great! You have so many great years to look forward to!

Thanks so much for the encouraging words! So far my recovery has been great! I'm feeling good, have great energy, and am able to exercise 6/wk. I appreciate all of the support I can get!
  • janetksc
    janetksc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I am one month in to my surgery. July 14th was my date. Still learning.
    as of today I am down 36 lbs!!
  • lkrenz0307
    lkrenz0307 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well - had my RNY May 30 and down 60 pounds.